Bedhead

(We are looking at Peter, who is just starting to wake up on a bright Saturday afternoon, similar to the scene in the chapter "Welcome to High School". He stands up and we see on his calendar that today is homecoming. Peter checks his phone, where there is a text message from Mary Jane)

MARY JANE: "Hey you! Can't wait to see you tonight at 6! <3"

(Peter smiles, Aunt May walks in room with a delicious plate of bacon and pancakes)

AUNT MAY: "It's about time you woke up! Someone has a big day today!"

PETER: "Wait...big day...you know I have a date?"

AUNT MAY: (sets plate down on Peter's computer desk) "Oh yeah, Tony told me, which I find slightly offensive that you told him first then me. But never mind that, I'm still so happy for you!" (Hugs Peter)

PETER: (separates with a laugh) "Thanks May...I'm just kinda...nervous."

AUNT MAY: "About tonight? You'll do fine."

PETER: "No, it's not that. It's just that...has something ever happened that completely changed your life and you don't know whether it's for better or for worse..."

AUNT MAY: "Oh, I know what this is about..."

PETER: (worried) "You do?"

AUNT MAY: "Yeah, this is totally a puberty thing, right?"

PETER: (chuckles, then plays along) "Yup, that is definitely what I'm asking about."

AUNT MAY: "Well I definitely remember one big event that I am absolutely 100% sure changed my life for the better: you. That first night that you walked into my small two bedroom apartment, your Uncle Ben and I thought it was gonna be rough. I mean, finances were tough and you just lost both of your parents, but I was so wrong. You made everyday brighter...I remember you running around the house in your little red and blue undies..."

PETER: "I'll tell you, some things haven't changed."

(They both laugh)

AUNT MAY: "I thought here I was thinking I was changing your life by taking you in but the truth is...you changed mine. And when Ben died...you were always there as a reminder that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. I guess what I'm trying to say is...change brings out the strongest qualities in a person, and your strongest quality, Peter Parker, is being able to be the light in the darkness. So whatever you're going through right now, just keep pushing and I promise you...you'll find a way."

PETER: "Aww May..."

(They hug, both getting emotional. Then they separate, with Aunt May crying tears of happiness)

AUNT MAY: "I'm so proud of the man you've become...Mary, your mother, would be so proud."

PETER: "May, you're the best. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you."

AUNT MAY: (wipes tears) "Well I'll tell you what you apparently can do without me. Tony left a box for you, something about a new suit."

PETER: (surprised) "Did you open it already?"

AUNT MAY: "No, it's on the kitchen table right now. I'll leave it on your computer desk, ok?"

PETER: "Oh no, it's ok! I'll go get it in a second."

AUNT MAY: (sighs) "I can't believe my little guy is going to his homecoming with a girl!" (Starts to walk outside room and gets ready to go out)

PETER: (laughs as he gets up) "I know! She's honestly the most beautiful, down-to-earth girl I've ever met...besides you of course!"

AUNT MAY: "That's a good one, kiss ass. I'm gonna go pick up something from the store, do you need anything?"

PETER: "Yeah, I'll text you in a bit."

AUNT MAY: "Alright, love you!" (Walks out door)

(Peter quickly gets Tony's box, takes it to his room and opens it...only to find that it's not a Spider-Man suit, but a tailored crimson red suit jacket with a crisp, white button shirt. He finds a note)

TONY'S NOTE: "Thought it was a new pair of undies?"

(Peter chuckles. Suddenly, he gets a phone call from Tony Stark. Peter picks up the phone)

TONY: "Hey! How'd you like the suit?"

PETER: "Looks great, thank you Mr. Stark! How'd you get it tailored?"

TONY: "Kid, I sized up your Spidey suit."

PETER: "Point taken."

TONY: "Anyways, something's up in the abandoned zoo down at the docks and it has to be because of our Bonnie and Clyde, except Bonnie is also a guy..."

PETER: "Alrighty then, I'll meet you there?"

TONY: "Yeah, I'll be a while. Suit up."

(Cut to Peter in his Spidey suit, holding his mask. He looks at his phone and sees it's 4:30. We see him text something to Aunt May, but we don't see exactly what he says, just that he the text is for May. He then puts on his mask and starts a one-take web-swinging sequence. It is similar to the Spider-Man 2 ending)