Welcome to High School

(Peter walks to the front of his school, two pretty/popular girls are blocking his way to the door.)

PETER: "Hi, excuse me..." (They don't hear him) "Yo, I need to get...excuse me." (They still don't hear him) "No? Come on, I can't be that quiet right now...well to be fair, it is kinda loud in here...wait, what am I doing? Excuse me." (Gently nudges them aside then walks by them to find his 3 friends: Manuel, Mitch, and Rebecca.)

MITCH: "Peter! What's up bro!"

PETER: "Hey guys."

REBECCA: "Hey Peter. How was your weekend?"

(They start walking through the busy hallways, close up on Peter, who has a flashback full of quick cuts of his participation in Civil War)

PETER: "Well...it was pretty tiring, and I didn't really get a chance to do my homework."

MITCH: "Well that's a first. And I guess I'm not asking if you worked on our project..."

MANUEL: "Hey bro, if you want, I can give you my answers for the English homework!"

(They walk by Peter's English teacher)

PETER: (looks sheepishly at the teacher) "Good morning Mr. Freeman!" (To Manuel) "Come on dude, not so loud."

MANUEL: "Sorry man, I just get excited, y'know?"

MITCH: "Well I dunno what there is to be excited about at school."

REBECCA: "I can tell you one reason Peter might be."

(They stop walking for a second, Peter is confused while everyone looks at him, then after a couple seconds, he realizes what they're talking about)

PETER: "Come on guys, it can't be that obvious that I like her!" (They continue walking down hallway)

MITCH: "Dude, it's pretty obvious. You have her on your phone. Alright guys, I'm heading down this hallway, see ya weirdos later!" (Walks away)

MANUEL: "Yeah, I gotta go too. Have fun in Chemistry, I heard there's a quiz today!" (Runs off)

(Peter and Rebecca continue walking to classroom)

PETER: "Seriously, how does everyone know that she's on my phone?"

REBECCA: "Well you know how lately you've been taking a bunch of naps?" (Peter thinks for a second, then seems remembers) "...yeeeeah."

PETER: "Well it seems like it's gonna be a rough day if we do have this quiz."

REBECCA: (whispers to Peter as they're about to enter classroom) "He can't be serious. He never gives us a quiz on Mondays." (They enter classroom and look at board)

BOARD: "QUIZ TODAY!!!"

PETER: "Awwww man!"

(Both stare blankly at board)

REBECCA: "I know."