Mary Jane's Dress

(Mary Jane is sitting at a table outside of the mall, on her phone when Peter comes running in)

PETER: "MJ! I'm so sorry I'm late, it'll never happen again! The food is on me, order whatever you want!"

MARY JANE: (smiles) "Peter, it's alright, you're not that late...but that food offer is still on the table, right?"

PETER: "Absolutely."

(They start to walk towards mall doors)

PETER: "Can I tell you something?"

MARY JANE: "Sure, what's up?"

PETER: "I've kinda had a crush on you for a while."

MARY JANE: (blushes) "No way! Since when?"

PETER: "Well since...since third grade...you gave me a smiley face sticker after I gave you my peanut butter and jelly sandwich."

MARY JANE: (laughs) "You still remember that? Wow!" (They awkwardly walk together with a smile, until Mary Jane breaks the silence) "Ok, my turn to tell you something."

PETER: "Yeah?"

MARY JANE: "Yeah...I have been wanting for you to ask me out like this since Freshman year, remember Ms. Ashley?"

PETER: "Of course, she had us work together on the chemistry lab together."

MARY JANE: "Well I was actually supposed to go with Harry...I may or may not have asked her to pair us up." (Smiles)

PETER: "Wow, really? That's cool." (More awkward silence, Peter is trying to play it cool as they enter the mall) "So what exactly are we looking for?"

MARY JANE: "You tell me." (Grins as she takes Peter's hand and they run into the nearest store, Peter looks at how Mary Jane is holding his hand and is happy)

(Cue a montage to "Collar Full" by Panic! At the Disco, because it sounds like it would be in a John Hughes classic high school movie. The montage consists of them going into different stores and Mary Jane trying on different dresses. She always asks Peter what he thinks and he says that she's pretty every time, but then she discards the dress. At one point, they enter a store and see a picture of some high heel shoes.)

MARY JANE: "Oh wow, those shoes are so cute! I hope we can find it!"

STORE EMPLOYEE: (walks up to them speaks to them, with a drab tone that sounds like he hates his job) "Well you better hurry because there's only a couple of pairs left."

PETER: "How about we split up and try to find it? I'll meet you by the cashiers, ok?"

(Mary Jane nods her head and walks away. Peter wanders around, looking for the shoes when he sees a woman looking for the same shoes.)

SHOPPER: (screaming with a strong New York accent) "Where are the shoes? I'm looking for those cute Chanel shoes! Attention everyone, the Chanel high heels are mine!"