Mr.DM

"What was that about?" Cole asked me while we walked to our next class.

"What was what about?" Travis asked looking between Cole and I.

"Gavin and M here were passing notes during class." Cole said wiggling his eyebrows at me while shouldering me.

"What did you two talking about?" Travis asked. If I was good at reading people, which I was. I would say Travis was jelous. And was going to totally have fun with this.

"Aw. You know. Stuff. In fact I think I have a date Friday." I said all girly like. But only so us three could hear.

"Date?" Cole asked a little surprised.

"Your not going." Travis said right off the bat.

"And why's that?" I asked with my head held high. I was going on my fake date weather he wanted me to or not. It wasn't up to him.

"Have you not heard about what he did to his late girlfriend?" Travis said defending himself.

"Let me guess. He ate her. Or no wait, killed her. Same thing I guess." I said shrugging my shoulder.

"Yes. He killed her and dumped the body." Travis said. I could tell that he thought he was telling the truth. But I mean if come on is he that stupid.

"Right. Sure. And I'm guessing you heard that here at school from other people. Also I'm guessing the cops showed up to his house and he denied everything, and they searched his house but didn't find anything. And let him off but everyone knows he secretly did it. He just buried the weapons with the body. And no one has found her to this day."

"Yeah. How did you know?" Travis and Cole both looked at me like I was crazy.

"Come on! That is like the perfect movie plot, and that is also in a book or 60 that I read, and lets not count that a 7 year old could come with that shit." I said scuffing them off. "The cops wouldn't let someone off the hook if they thought they were guilty. Trust me I would know." And with that I walked into our next hour.

History. Which Mr.DM also known as Gavin. Was in it too. Sitting in the very back. Which just so happened to be where my assign seat was. Right next to him. Only this time the desk were touching. Even better. I winked at Cole, who grinned, and saw Travis practically kill Gavin with the death glare he was giving him. Only when Gavin saw him. He gave him a closed lip smile. With a challenging glare. God I was falling for this guy. Not enough to have to freak out about him using and leaving me. I wouldn't go that far with him. Maybe.

Right when the teacher started talking, a note was slammed down on my desk. Not loud enough to get the teacher to notice. But enough for Cole, Travis, and a couple of other people look back. Once everyone besides my bother turned back around, I picked up the note. Which to my surprise had a phone number on it. Dang he hadn't even known me a day, and I was already getting his number. This seemed very un like him. But either way, I got my phone out and texted him.

Wow. Note and Phone number in the same day! I must be more than interesting.

G- Yeah. intriguing.

M- Big words for someone who doesn't talk

G-Oh I talk. Just only when it's important.

M- What about writing? You don't seem like you write notes a lot

G- Only when I feel the need to

M- And you felt the need with me?

G- Yes

M- Why

G- I don't know anyone who stood up against someone who has as much power as Collins does.

M- And what type of power does she have

G- Enough to get you sent back to Foster Care

I couldn't breath. How the fuck did he know that I was in foster care? And how did Collins have that type of power? Pat said it was only her, Ben , and me.

G- Didn't know that did you? Well that sucks. It would have been interesting to have gotten to know you better. You know catch up.

M- What are you talking about? Catching up? I don't know you.

G- Oh really? You don't remember me? Not even a little? I mean it's not like we have been in almost every Foster home together?

M- I really don't remember you.

G- That's to bad. I mean it's been a dream to finally be able to talk to you. I've always wanted to have a conversation with the Giver herself.

I looked over to Travis who was staring very hard Gavin. Then glaring at me. If it wasn't for these stupid sun glass's. He would know that something was wrong.

M- Remind me again. I don't even know your name. So how the fuck am I suppose to know who the hell you are.

G- See that's the thing Maxie. You should recognize family.

M- I already have a family

G- I'm taking foster family. I'm not blood, nor am I with your adopted group. I was in your foster family for over 12 years. You always saw me. I'm surprised you don't remember me.

M- I need a name

G- You should know it.

M-Well I know it isn't Gavin

G- Look at you. Using your brain.

M- What other hints can you give me

G- Let's just say I know your dirty secret

I couldn't move. No one knew about that. Maybe he doesn't know my real dirty secret. I was just about to type that. But then I felt his arm go around me, and I felt my chest tighten. I couldn't breath. I barely heard Travis say something about us needing to go home cause of a family issue. I hardly felt  it when Travis picked me up by my arm, and lucky me I didn't make a fool out of my self, as I was some how about to walk out of the classroom, down the halls, out the school doors, and into the lambo passenger seat before I really started freaking out. Going full blown panic mood.

I couldn't move, I couldn't breath, I couldn't feel the tingles from the place's that Travis touched on my face. I couldn't even focus on his brown eyes.

"Cole get in the car." Travis shouted at Cole who some how got in the backish area without needing one of us to get out.

"Good thing we didn't drive today." Cole said.

My mind started going numb, and I finally lost all hearing, and feeling in my body. I couldn't move any thing, and I didn't feel any emotion besides fear. I couldn't taste the gum that I had in my mouth, and finally. I couldn't see anything.

And I stayed like that. For a long time.