Part 10

The sunlight that came in through the sliding glass door hit my face. Causing me to wake up unwillingly. Groaning I turned over. Not yet ready to get out of bed. But looking at my alarm clock I noticed that it was 5 in the afternoon. Shit I totally overslept.

Trying to jump out of bed. Key word here: Trying. I ended up falling on my face. Thanks to the sheets being all tangled up and around my legs. I groaned from the pain. Then out of nowhere, my bedroom door burst open.

"What?" I snapped, not even bothering to look towards the door.

"Well good evening to you to Max." I could hear the smirk on Coles face.

"Why are you on the floor?" Asked a small voice that I never heard before. Turning my head to face the person, I saw that it was none other than little baby Claire. the little 4 year old blonde haired, brown eyed, sweet little girl that Pat told me stories about.

"Well sweetie." I started" I just was making sure that gravity still worked." I said in a sweet voice.

"Oh." Claire said while Cole just burst out laughing. I shot him a death glare.

"You hungry? Dinner is just about ready." Cole said after he stopped laughing.

"Ye-" Remembering last dinner, I all the sudden wasn't so hungry.

"Don't worry. It's just Mom, Dad, Claire, Travis's, you, and I. Everyone else left last night." He said.

I just groaned. I really didn't want to have to face anyone aside from Cole and Pat.

"So give me the details." I said not bothering to move from my spot on the floor. " Who hates me? And how much?"

Cole just smirked."No one hates you. After you ran away. Hannah covered for you and said that you guys were talking about Miley Cyrus and whoever the hell she is dating now. " I raised my eyebrows in surprise that someone I just met covered for me. "So everyone thought that you ran away cause you were embaressed that you said that to loud."

All I could do was nod.

"Hey Claire, go tell Mommy that I'm going to bring Max down for dinner."

"Otay." She said as she ran out the door screaming for her mommy.

"Look Max." Cole began as he came to help up from the floor. Thankfully Pat put a sports bra and a shirt on me. "I know that you haven't had the best life so far. But just know that you are one of us now. And we are family. No one gets left behind in this family. No matter what you throw our way. We will be able to handle it. If anything, we are the ones who are worried about you hating us. Trust me. Everyone already loves you."

I would be lying if I said that what he said didn't surprise me. I mean I was the fuck up here not them. They were just normal human beings with normal lives, and normal childhood stories. Then here I am, a fuck up who has had the worst child hood ever.

"Oh. Um....Max." Cole said.

"Yeah." I said looking up at him. Only to see him rubbing his hand on the back of his neck, and looking away.

"Um." He smirked. "I wouldn't wear that shirt."

Whats wrong with my shirt? I looked down, and almost screamed. My shirt said "bite me, and I'll bite back, but I sure as hell taste better ;)"  You see wearing this wouldn't of bugged me much had I not been in a guys presence, and had a different past.

I had totally wanted to forget about the wolf attack last night. I wanted to go on and just pretend it never happened. But I knew that wasn't going to be able to happen. For I was attacked by a wolf, and I didn't die. Which is defiantly a traumatic experience. And then lets not forget my best friend who just left me to die. If anything, that was probably what got under my skin the most.

"I don't have anything else to wear. Pat hasn't given me any other clothes." I state.

"You can wear my shirt if you want. Or just go in your sports bra." Cole offered.

Let's see here wear a guy I just met yesterday's shirt, or just my sports bra and the black shorts I'm wearing? Well I don't want anyone to think that something happened between Cole and I. I mean if I saw a girl wearing a guys shirt, and the guy shirtless, I would think something happened between the two. And I don't need Pat to ride my ass about it.

"I'll just go in my sports bra. Thanks though." I said as I pulled my shirt off. I wasn't fat at all infact I had a four pack. So I wasn't the least bit shy. And I mean Pat was wearing one last night. So I won't look like a slut if I just wear this around the house.

"Cool. Come on I'm starving." Cole said grabbing my hand and pulling me downstairs.

I still don't like it when people touch me much. But as long as he keeps his hand on my hand. I don't have anything to worry about.

When we reached the kitchen, I saw Pat setting plates out, and a line starting to form on one side of the kitchen.

"Oh. Hey Max." Pat smiled at me causing everyone's gaze to turn to me. " How are you feeling?" She asked as she looked down at Cole's hand holding mine.

"Good" I said. With a smile. Well, what I hope looked like a smile.

I watched as Pat glared at Cole. Who just shrugged. Then as Cole dragged me to the line of people. I heard a low growl, and atomatically began to shake. Thinking about the wolf wasn't one of my happy memories. But I do remember the sound of the wolfs growl. And I would put all my money that the wolf was near. But as I looked around the room, there was no wolf and sight, and no one else seemed to hear it cause they just went to fill their plates with food. The only thing that changed was the Cole was no longer holding my hand.

-------------------------

"So you want to go play some COD after dinner again?" Cole asked me. While we ate our food. "I can call Billy and see if he wants to get bet by a girl again." Laughed Cole.

"Sure." I smiled. I loved it when Billy got mad. I don't know why. But it just looked so funny. Especially when his face turned red. That was great.

"Mind if I join?"