Part 2

"Hey Max! What did you do this time?" My best friend Tyler asked as he jumped down from the window seat just above my temporary bed. I looked past him at the full moon that lit the room just enough to make out his tall figure.

After Patty brought me back to the 'Home 2' - where kids who don't have a foster family at the moment, and when Mrs.Littles is to full - she told me to go get some shut eye while she did some paper work, and that she would see me tomorrow. 

"Oh you know, the usual." I shrugged.  "Put a snake in the parents bedroom, almost caught the house one fire, came home drunk, snuck out, stole their money and bought some shit. Same old same old." I smirked, only half joking. 

Tyler just shook his head at me as he flashed his boyish half smirk that he knows always melts my heart. He had perfectly straight teeth- thanks to one of his foster parents for buying him braces, were as I was just lucky enough to been born with straight teeth. The only thing lucky in my life. Tyler was 6'1. He hates it when you don't add the one on there. Tyler was always into body building and would hit the gym any chance he could get. So over all, Tyler was extremely buff. His usual messy mop head that was full of brown hair almost reached his eyes, was combed and nicely parted. Meaning he just got done with an interview himself. And since he was back here, it meant it went just as great as mine.  

Tyler has been my best friend since I can remember. I even forgot how we truly met. But Tyler and I have been in the same foster family's a couple times. Each time we would get split up, we would always find each other again. Either by sneaking out, or ending up in the same foster family the next time. We were never apart for more than 3 weeks. And now that Patty bought him a cell phone as well ( which she did to hopefully stop us from running away so often) we always stay in contact.

"tsk. tsk." Tyler said shaking his head. "Same old Maxie." He scolded as he plopped down next to me on my bed. 

I growled at him. I hated that nick name and he knew it. But my growl and death glare didn't scare him in the least. As he just kept smiling. But I mean I if I'm being for real, my 5'4 height wasn't helping me in the least.

I was very short compared to most of the teens in my foster homes. But my build and thanks to Tyler dragging me to the gym all the time. I had muscles, and a hour glass figure. And also thanks to Tyler I could win almost any fight. The only person who has ever been able to defeat me is Tyler. And he always rubs it in my face.

"Awwww. Is Maxie poo getting mad?" He stuck his lip out and pretended to pout.

"Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes and waved him off with my hand. Moving my gaze back to his neat mop top, and gave a small head tilt. "How'd the interview go?"

I watched as the light dimmed in his brown eyes as he gave a small shrug. "I'm here aren't I?" He replied. I knew by the way he laid back against the metal headboard that he was trying to play it off that he was fine with it. But his tense shoulders gave way to the darkness that he was trying yet failing to keep hidden. 

Unlike me, Tyler hasn't gotten to the point of accepting the fact that he's 'unloveable'. Though, I blame myself on that part. I've never told him I loved him. Cause honestly, I have no idea what love is in reality. Like all girls, I've seen the romance movies now and then, so I see what love is supposed to look like, yet I don't know how it feels. Same goes for Tyler. So when we text or part ways instead of saying 'love you'. We just say "See you again." And that means more than any I love you could. Cause in the foster system, you never know if you'll ever see someone again. But Tyler and I. We always find each other again.

"Yeah I guess." I smiled as he frowned. But quickly replaced it with his signature smirk that promised trouble. I raised my eyes in suspension. 

"Wheres my hug?" He asked as he spread his arms out wide. I just rolled my eyes, and crawled up the squeaky mattress and plopped down on his hard chest and into his big embrace. He pulled me tight to his chest. Bringing us as close together as possible.