Chapter 22

Tweek's POV

When I woke up I felt like crap. Everything in my world was falling apart, crashing down around me. And I couldn't hold it all. I feel broken inside. I finally had something. I had something good and now it's gone and over. I can only think at least I still have Thomas. Right? He's so kind. I mean, sometimes he says things I don't like but I know it's only because he's trying to protect me.

I get up and take a long shower. I didn't even really do anything but lean against the wall, letting the water hit my face. When I eventually get out I dry off and then shake my head so my hair goes everywhere. I brush my teeth and get dressed in a green short sleeve button down and some plain jeans. I pull on my socks before heading downstairs to make my coffee. While I wait I put on my converse and my jacket. I pour some coffee in a thermos and grab it with my book bag.

I hear Thomas pull up and say goodbye to my parents. I get in his car and we go to school. It's quiet, but mostly because I don't say anything. I don't want to talk because whenever I do I sound stupid.

"Thanks, Thomas." I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out. Why would Craig do something so stupid?! He said he didn't care. Why would he kiss someone else?

Why can't I stop caring?

"Hey, Tweek..."

"Y-Yeah?"

"I'm gonna be completely honest with you because I'm -PUSSY-SHIT-FUCK- your friend."

"GAH! What i-is it?"

"Well, you know how I was failing my sign language class?" I nod. "Craig's, like, the best in that class so I asked him to help me get my grade up."

"So?"

"I went- ASS-WHORE-CUNT- over his house yesterday so he could help me and we talked. He told me about his parents and his sister and about Sophia. He said he wasn't really gonna go out with her and just-FUCKING SHIT- that he wanted Eric to leave him alone but went a little overboard."

"Really?" I ask.

"But then he said he was a little mad that you wouldn't let him explain himself, that you just assumed what happened and ended it. That he couldn't be with someone like that, because he felt like you didn't trust him."

"...W-What?"

He nods, "I'm sorry, Tweek. Maybe you and Craig just shouldn't bother with each other anymore."

"But, he..."

"And, there's another thing..." He laughs, guiltily. "We kissed."

"YOU KISSED?"

He nods. "I'm SOSOSOSOSO sorry, Tweek, but it just kind of happened. We were having so much fun and just talking and chilling and then we both looked at each other and we kissed."

"Thomas, n-no."

"And, Tweek, I'm your friend but you and Craig broke up and if he likes me, I'm gonna go out with him regardless what you say. Because I knew from the moment you told me you two were going out it wouldn't work. But, Craig and I are perfect. He's just so beautiful and smart. I'm sorry Tweek."

I don't look at Thomas. Nothing is making any sense anymore. Did Craig even really like me? I heard a noise and looked up. I saw Craig walking towards us. I shook my head at him and ran the other way. "TWEEK!"

Craig's POV

I get to school and hop out of my car. Clyde and Token find me and I ask them if they've seen Sophia.

"She's probably in the lunch room." Clyde tells me. We walk to the cafeteria and find her with her friends at a table.

"Hey, babe." She smiles at me when I walk up to her table. Her friends giggle.

"I need to talk to you." I tell her.

She gets up and tells her friends she'll be right back. "What is it, honeybun?"

"No, I can't go out with you, Sophia."

She frowns. "What do you mean you can't?!"

"Because, I just don't like you."

"What's not to like about me? I'm pretty, and I'm smart, and I'm funny. I'm nice. I have a good personality. What's wrong with me, Craig?!"

"Nothing's wrong with you. I just don't like you." I try to calm her down. The last thing I need is to cause a scene.

"Oh." She nods. "I get it. You really are gay."

"NO, that's not it either." I try to tell her.

"Yes, it is. Cartman made a point when he said you've only gone out with a few girls and you never even really liked them."

"Sophia, please, listen to me." I grab her shoulders before she can leave.

"NO, you listen to me. I'm gonna tell everyone about your little secret, Craig." She pulls from my grip. "You fucked up." She runs back to her table and says something to her friends. They all look at me shocked and then they all start whispering and texting.

I fucked up.

I need to find Tweek, at least I might be able to talk to him and get him to understand. I look around but I can't find him. When I do, he's in the parking lot talking to Thomas, whatever he's saying and making Tweek really upset. I call out to him but he runs away and like I said before Tweek's a fast runner.

I walk up to Thomas instead. "What did you say to him?"

He shrugs. "Nothing bad, but he's scared of you, for what you did to him. That's why he ran."

"Thomas, I like you as a friend. I really trust you and I like talking to you but I can't see dating you."

"Why not? You like me!"

"Plus, I still like Tweek."

"YOU KNOW WHAT TWEEK SAID TO ME, CRAIG?! He said he knew from the start that it wouldn't last. He didn't really like you because he knew if he did he'd only get hurt. So if you were being real with him he WAS NOT being real with you! Nothing good was gonna come out of that relationship! I thought you said you trusted me! I'm Tweek's friend. He tells me things we wouldn't tell you!" He takes my hand. "He doesn't like you, Craig! I do, and I don't want you to get hurt."

I take my hand back. "Thomas, stop..." Was this true? Sounds like something Tweek might do, to keep from getting hurt just hold back his feelings but would he tell Thomas? I'm not sure just how close they are. I won't listen to this. I need to talk to Tweek, regardless. I need to sort some things.

I walk away from him without another word. The rest of the day is full or boringness and kids laughing at me and calling me fag. I flick off every single one of them with no expression on my face. I don't see Tweek, probably because he's avoiding me and he's a very good hider.

At the end of the day Clyde comes over and we play video games to take my mind off Tweek. But I do call him five times and leave him texts.

Tweek, we need to talk.

It wasn't what it looked like. I was just being stupid I didn't want anyone to know.

Please Tweek answer.

PLEASE TWEEK ANSWER ME.

I need you.

He didn't answer one. Clyde told me not to worry about it. Tomorrow we'll find Tweek and get him to talk to me. I really hope we can do it. Because I need Tweek, without him I don't feel complete. He's the best thing that's happened to me in a while. He's one of the few things that make me happy. I can't lose him.