Chapter 8

Craig's POV

My hearts beating so fast. I'm just sitting here in Tweek's driveway. I need to get out and knock on the door. But, I can't seem to make my feet move. Dammit! Get up, you stupid fuck! But, I can't. This isn't a dream this time. What if it gets fucked up? I know I'm gonna say or do something to freak him out and then ruin everything. Life always finds a way to sock me in the stomach when I'm actually happy. This is no exception

Finally I get some balls and walk up to the front door. I shift from foot to foot for a full minute before I pick my wrist up and knock on the door three times.

The door cracks slightly and I see Tweek peer from behind it.

"H-hey..." He smiles at me.

"Hi." I smile back. The butterflies! I've never felt them like this before. I hate that he makes me this way, but I also love that he's the only one that can make me feel this way. "Ready to go?"

He opens the door all the way. "Yeah." He walks out and messes with his hands. He shuts the door behind him and I lead him to my car. I open the passenger and let him slide in and then get in myself. "Wh-where are we g-going?" He asks me once I'm in and buckled up.

"I know where there's this lake." I tell him.

"Stark's p-pond?"

"No, it's a little bit away from town. In really cold winters it freezes and my little sister and I go ice skating on it. It's really big and it's fun because there's not a lot of people like at a skating rink." I glance at him. "Then, I wanted to go back to my place, cook dinner, and watch a movie. What do you think?" I hope he likes the idea. I didn't know if Tweek liked ice skating or not, but I couldn't think of anything else. I'm not exactly what you'd call creative.

"Sounds f-fun." He smiles at me and my heart leaps into my throat. I swallow it back down.

"I have skate's you can borrow, so don't worry about it." I tell him, backing out of the driveway.

"Alright, but I've n- never b- been ice skating so..." He starts biting his nails.

"I can teach you." I assure him.

"But, what if I slip? I'll hit my head on the ice and die! Or, I'll break through and won't be able to get out!" He yanks his hair and let's out a scream.

"Tweek, I would never let that happen! I swear!" I use one of my hands to take one of his from his hair. "Stop pulling your hair out though!"

"GAH!" He puts his hands to his side. "Keep both h-hands on the wheel; I don't w-want to crash!"

"Keep your hands out of your hair and I'll keep mine on the wheel, deal?"

He bites his lip and looks at his hands and then the wheel. "Alright."

Tweek falls asleep half way and when we make it I take a few seconds to admire his sleeping face. Bunched up and still twitching. He must be as paranoid in his dreams as he is in real life.

I'm about to just shake him awake when I get an idea.

Tweek's POV

My eyes fly open when I hear screaming. "TWEEK! THE CAR, IT'S ON FIRE!" I hear Craig's voice repeat.

"WHA-! GAH!" My hands shoot to the seat belt and try to undo the latch but I'm trembling so much I can't get it free. "GEH!" I tug on the rope, frantically. But, then I hear Craig laughing and take a moment to look around the car. No fire. "What in the fuck, Craig!"

He laughs, "I'm sorry! I couldn't help myself!" He grabs his stomach and laughs. I can't help but crack a smile, because I've never seen Craig laugh so hard. I've never seen him smile before actually. Maybe once or twice when he was insulting someone, but other than that I've never seen him smile. But then he stops laughing and I start pouting.