Chapter 21

Craig's POV

I went through the day almost invisible. I didn't respond to anyone if they talked to me. I kept my expressions to myself, with just a blank stare. Kind of like I used to.

I didn't go to lunch I got in my car and drive to Tweek's café. I said hey to Tweek's parents who were happy to see me. If only they knew. His mom made me a turkey sandwich on the house. We talked about school and my parents and Tweek. I didn't tell them about what happened though, obviously.

When I was done I went back to school and to class. It was boring and I was only half paying attention. A bunch of girls kept smirking at me and giggling and shit and every time I saw Sophia she winked at me and then made kissy face.

And then FINALLY the end of the day came and we were dismissed. I kept looking around for Tweek but I guess he already left so I started to my car.

"Craig, wait up."

I sigh and turn around. I'm surprised when it's Thomas. "Hey, Thomas."

He smiles. "Hey, sorry about what happen... SHIT-SHIT-BITCH-"

I smile back. "It's not your fault. What'd ya need?" Thomas can always make me smile with his outburst. It's probably because I still trust him from when we were kids. We hung out every day for a good five months before I started worrying about my appearance and told him I couldn't hang out with him anymore. That it was no hard feelings and that I still wanted to talk to him but that middle school meant bigger and better things and that we should find people more compatible for us. He said he understood but I still felt bad and apologized for being a douche later.

"Um, I'm failing- ASS-WHORE-SLUT- my asl class and my teacher said you were one of her best students so I was wondering if you could help me learn a song so I can get my grade up."

I nod. "Sure, I'll help you."

"Great!" He grins. "Thanks, we can meet later today or tomorrow. I just need to get my grade up as quickly as possible."

"We can do it today. I've got nothing better to do." And it'll keep my mind off of what happened. I don't like crying but I'm only human.

"Alright, I'll head over- PUSSY-WHORE-BITCH- to your house in an hour."

"Okay, see you later then."

He waves and heads down to his own car. Doesn't he take Tweek home now? I wonder what happen. Whatever,

I get home and take a shower. I try to call Ruby again but she still doesn't answer. I make ramen while I wait for Thomas and watch TV.

He finally shows up and I let him in. We talk about which song he wants to do. It has to be slow since he doesn't know it all that good. Something with not too complicated words. Finally we pick A team by Ed Sheeran. I teach him the signs he doesn't know and we practice doing the whole song together. He messes up a few times but eventually after about an hour we get the whole song with no mistakes.

He smiles so much. I like it. Makes me want to smile more because he seems so happy, despite his random cursing. He's really funny too. Kept me laughing and made me remember the good old days.

"You haven't changed a bit, Thomas." I told him. We were done and watching TV.

He chuckles. "You've changed a lot."

I sigh, closing my eyes and leaning my head back. "Yeah, it sucks, huh? A lot has changed around me though. I just try to keep up."

"You look like- ASS-SHIT-CUNT- something's bothering you, Craig. Talk to me."

"My parents got divorced, Thomas. It tore my sister up. Her heart was ripped out of her chest because we could never be the picture perfect family she wanted and I think that happened to my mom too because now she's always working and depressed. Then my sister left to go be with my Dad and won't answer my calls. I'm not sure how long she'll be gone either. Everything's just fucked up, Thomas, and I can't even fix it."

He scoots closer to me. "I'm sorry."

"You know, you're really easy to talk to."

"Because, you trust me?"

"Probably." He leans his shoulder on mine.

"I trust- FUCKING SHIT- you too."

I laugh. "Why would you trust me? I'm an asshole."

"Mm..." He shrugs, "Not a complete asshole. You can be sweet sometimes." He's quiet and we just sit there. It's really comforting. "Craig?" He shifts, sitting up more.

I open my eyes and look at him. "Yeah?" He leans up and kisses me. I gasp and push him off. "Thomas, what're you doing?"

"Well, um, I thought- FUCK-SHIT-ASS- since Tweek broke up with you, you'd be lonely and I've always liked you Craig."

"Tweek and I didn't break up." I tell him. "I just need to talk to him."

"Craig... let's be realistic for a second, Tweek saw you kiss a girl. His heart was so broken, you should have seen him. But he already got over the fact that it was never gonna work out and probably is gonna be avoiding and ignoring you from now on."

"I-I just need to talk to him."

"He doesn't want to talk to you, Craig. Just let it go."

I sit back again and close my eyes so I don't cry again. "But-"

"Craig, stop it. The longer you hold on the more it'll hurt when he rejects you."

"Thomas, I need to be alone right now." I tell him.

"I think that's actually the last thing you need."

"I'll talk to you tomorrow."

He sighs and gets up. "I know what you did and why you did it, Craig. I take time to think through things and rationalize before I come up with crazy assumptions, just think about it okay? You and I would have a much better future than you and Twitch." He grabs his coat and waves before leaving.

I cover my face with my hands and sigh, letting out the air in my lungs and the tears in my eyes. I need to talk to Tweek. I need to sort this out. Why do things like this only happen to me?

Tomorrow at school I'm breaking up with Sophia. Then I'm telling Thomas I can't date him. And then I will find Tweek and I will get him to understand.