✿ Seventeen ✿

wow guess what there's warnings for a lotta abuse, read at your own discretion

///

He kept his word. He woke me up twenty minutes before six.

"Rob, you need to wake up now," He murmured quietly, gently shaking my shoulders with a soft grip. I slowly opened my eyes and was surprised to find that my head wasn't aching as bad as it had been earlier.

"Thank you," I mumbled sleepily. I rubbed my eyes with the palms of my hands and sat up. My head still felt dizzy, but it was a lot more bearable.

"Sleep well?" Preston asked with a grin on his face. I smiled back and nodded.

"I really appreciate you letting me stay here. Thanks for understanding," I rested a hand on his knee before quickly moving it away as I remembered it's not typically something regular friends do. I'd only do that to Mat from now on- if he let me of course.

"Like I said before, anything for you. Did you eat breakfast this morning?" He asked next. I thought back to the morning, but eating didn't come to mind.

"Yes," I lied through my teeth, not wanting him to feel concerned. It wasn't that I didn't want to eat, I just didn't enjoy eating. I self-consciously looked down on my body. I wouldn't call it skinny.

"Okay, good. Hey, have you seen the new Captain America movie by the way?" He asked with a childish excitement. I shook my head and listened to him rattle on about how much he wanted to go see it until we left his house.

"Come with me to the movie," He said once we were at the end of my street. I asked him to drop me off here in case Mat saw the car. "My friend Vikk is coming, but he's super nice. I'll pay for you if you need it as well."

"Mat," I trailed, wishing I could go with them.

"Is there any way at all?" He pleaded. I gave him a pained smile.

"Wish I could go, maybe next time," I replied, but we both knew there wouldn't be a next time really. Not unless my relationship with Mat ended. I couldn't see that ending soon though. I figured I would just be able to watch it if it ever came on Netflix.

"Oh," Was his reply. He sounded disappointed, but it was better than Mat going crazy on me.

"Thanks again," I mumbled, feeling a bit awkward.

"Come to me anytime you need something. Even- even if you don't need anything, you can always come to me," He sounded a bit choked. I felt my eyes burn, but I forced a smile, walking out of his car and back to Mat's house.

"Mat? I'm home," I called hesitantly when I opened the door. It was unlocked.

"Rob-" Mat began, but stopped.

"Who's that?" I heard a woman's voice shortly after Mat called back.

"It's no one," I heard him say softly to her. I felt a stab in my heart, a prominent aching feeling. I still wasn't feeling well and I wanted to go throw up.

"Hey," A lady said. She had longish brown hair that was straight and she was gorgeous. I felt jealousy begin to build.

"Hello," I replied politely. Or at least as polite as I could considering the circumstances. She clearly had no idea who I was and if I had to guess who she was, I would assume it was Mat's co-worker.

"My name's Sarah, what's yours?" She smiled. It was a beautiful smile. One that would make a straight man weak in the knees. Hell, I was gay and it made me melt a bit. But despite her smiling and me feeling weak in the knees, I felt bile rising in my throat because I had a sick realization.

Sarah was Preston's ex-girlfriend if I was right. I quickly kicked off my shoes without answering her and ran directly to the bathroom. I opened the toilet lid and vomited.

"Is he okay?" I heard her ask which caused another wave of nausea. I clung to the toilet and started crying. I really didn't want to cry, I wasn't even sure it was really her. It wasn't just that though, I just felt so awful and sick and I wanted to lie down for eternity, only to wake up when there were permanent sunny skies. A world where nothing bad happens.

"Mat, baby, go see if he's okay. He's your roommate, isn't he?" She continued.

I threw up again after I heard Mat's response. "Yeah, but only that. He can deal with it himself."

I sat with my head resting against the toilet for awhile. I thought they left, but lo and behold, Sarah gently knocked on the bathroom door and asked if I was okay. Clearly, we both knew I wasn't okay. It was hard to feel angry and hurt by someone so nice.

"I'm okay," I told her, not wanting to see her face. Not wanting to see anyone.

"I'm going now, but Mat has my number. You can call it if you need someone," She offered. I almost laughed at that, but I refrained myself. She was mostly the reason I felt like this. There was always the possibility of her not being Preston's Sarah, but I doubted it. It all made sense.

I decided to stay silent. She eventually walked away from the door and I heard Mat showing her out.

"Rob, fucking hell, get out of the bathroom."

I quivered, feeling sweaty and icy at the same time. I was terrified. He opened the door with a great force, letting it bang into the wall. It probably left a dent.

"What the hell was that?" He roared. I bit my lip.

"I didn't feel well," I mumbled, tears beginning to fall from my eyes once more.

"Yeah? Well, I can make you feel a lot worse. She's so much better than you, I don't know why I keep you around. You're useless to me. You depend on me like a newborn to its mother. It's annoying. I treat you so nicely and this is how you repay me?" He spat.

"I'm sorry Mat, I'm sorry. I'm such an awful boyfriend," I replied, my head feeling like it was about to explode.

"You're right. You should be sorry. I took you in after your father kicked you out. I should do the same as him. Then where are you going to run? Huh?" He shouted. I stayed quiet, unsure what to say. "Answer me," He hollered, his fist crashing down onto my face. I flinched and felt blood begin to drip from my nose. I cried out, feeling too much pain. My eyes were darting around, I was seeing black spots dance around my vision.

"Thought so, you useless piece of scum."

With that, he walked out of the house. Presumably going out with friends for a drink.

I weakly reached for my phone and directed myself to the calling app. I dialed the only person who I thought could help. I was about to tap the 'call' button, but I finally decided against it. He had too  much to worry about as it was. I set my phone on the floor tiles and slowly laid myself down, my eyes drooping in the process. I passed out.

///

wow hey I got a laptop and it's so nice to type on so hopefully  more chapters (;

tysm for 200 followers oMG I AM SCREAMING anyone want like a special chapter or smth for this story??