✿ Six ✿

QUICK NOTE: i reached 100 followers and i'm freaking out? tysm <3 ily all you make my life so much better

last time i hit a milestone, i tried to do smth special, but it failed epically cause i suck

but is there anything you guys wanna see? like a special chapter for this story? a special oneshot? a contest??? like idk man!! (:
ty again, hope you enjoy the chapter!

///

Two days after that night, I went back to work. Three after that night, Preston came back to the shop.

"Rob!" He called, running to the front counter where I often sat in wait for customers. The brown haired boy always brought a smile to my face, no matter what mood I was in. Brayden was stocking flowers in the background.

"Hey," I greeted him with a wave.

"Am I allowed to hang out here without buying a flower?"

I glanced at Brayden with a hopeful look, wanting him to allow Preston to stay even though it goes against usual policies. Brayden had a wide smile on his face, teeth showing and a dimple was present. He was very cute. He nodded and I made a mental note to thank him profusely later.

"Here," I stood from the chair and pulled out a stool for him to sit. He sat.

"What's up?" He asked, but I could see something was troubling him.

"I could ask you the same, what's bothering you?" I replied, trying to sound as concerned as I felt.

"Well, I don't know. I mean, no. I do know and I feel sad, but being around you makes me happier. So I came here," He smiled sadly. I hesitantly put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Tell me about it, sweet pea," I took away my hand, feeling a bit embarrassed by the words that fell from my mouth before I could think about what I was saying. But his face turned pink and suddenly it was worth it.

"Well, Sarah, my girlfriend, and I broke up. Her coworker that she met before was at her apartment like three days ago and I walked in because we had plans to watch movies that night and so I went in with my key like usual," He paused, his eyes becoming misty. I felt bad, feeling like I knew where it was going.

"They were kissing," He whispered. My mouth fell open.

"How could anyone cheat on you? You're precious and an angel an–" I stopped myself before I said something more and made myself feel guilty.

"Thank you. Anyway, she was shirtless and he was touching her– but whatever. I walked back out the door. She still doesn't know. I'm going to break it off soon and now I feel really sad. So I came here," He finished explaining, a tear falling down his cheek.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that," I whispered, pulling him into a hug. His arms wrapped around me and I felt safe. "If she was willing to cheat, she wasn't the one, okay?"

"You're right, you're right."

We pulled apart.

I felt my heart pang, but I did my best to ignore it. One hug didn't mean anything. It was strictly for comfort. Mat probably hugs people, too.

"Hey, Preston? I have an idea, if you to play something sneaky and sort of mean– as revenge, you know?"

"What's your idea?" He sounded intrigued. I covered my mouth as I giggled, ready to tell him my possible plan.

"Well, different flowers mean different things, you know?"

And soon, we had a bouquet ready. It was beautiful, deep oranges and shades of purple, complimented by assorted foliage type plants.

"Okay, tell me again what they all mean? I was too distracted, watching you work is a beautiful thing," He spoke softly. Other customers were wandering around the store. I felt like our conversation was private.

"Alright, orange lily means 'hate', larkspur means fickleness, or like the changeability of something. Usually feelings. These leaves, called nettle, means 'cruelness'," I explained. "The rest is just there to make the thing look better," I smiled, handing him the bouquet.

"Amazing, I'm going to have to hold back laughter when I give them to her before breaking the news. I'm so excited, thank you so much. You're awesome," He grinned, ogling the bouquet.

"I'm glad, and don't worry about paying for it. It's on me."

"What!" He exclaimed, staring at me with a look I couldn't decipher.

"What?"

"I'm paying for it, don't worry," He smiled, his cheeks tinting pink.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," We walked to the counter and he payed.

"But maybe take me for coffee one day, flower boy," He smiled, leaning forward and pressing a kiss to my cheek. He walked out the door, but I was too shocked to even say bye.

My heart was racing for more reasons than one.

✿✿✿
ayeeeoooo also i think i'm gonna make/find a new cover what do y'all think

???!!!!