✿ Ten ✿

I fell asleep quite easily which came as a surprise. Preston's even breathes were calming. The sleep, of course, didn't last all night because Preston rolled off his bed in his sleep and fell right next to me. My eyes widened and I watched to see if the other boy would wake up or stay asleep.

"Preston?" I whispered into the dark. There was no reply, so I presumed he was sleeping. I heard him groan softly and reach for the blankets that were lain over me. I quickly scrambled to sit up and shove the blankets towards him, despite my body's protest at the cold air. The sleeping boy pulled the covers over him and snuggled into them. I found it cute to watch, but I was at a loss of what to do. I did not want to sleep on the floor with Preston because I only sleep with Mat, but I felt that sleeping on the bed would be weird.

I stayed sitting, leaning my back against his wardrobe. I hid a smile that found its way onto my face with the back of my hand, glancing every few moments at Preston. I decided to check my phone for any messages from Mat. I dug through my discarded clothes until I found it. The screen lit up and I blinked my eyes shut.

Too bright.

Mat-boo (17 missed calls)

Mat-boo: ROBERT

Mat-boo: answwerr my fucucing clals

Mat-boo: fucixk youuuu

Mat-boo: calll me bakc

I bit my lip and tried not to start crying. Waking up Preston was the last thing I wanted to do. I put my phone back down and rubbed the tears from my eyes. I would not cry. There is no way I would allow myself to cry here.

Preston made a small groaning noise and shuffled around. I froze, the fear of waking him up paralyzing me. He made a few inaudible sounds and was quiet once more. I let out a small sigh, dropped my hands by my sides, and watched Preston sleep. That was the definition of creepy and I got an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach, but he was as mesmerizing as always.

Sometime, without me even realizing it, I fell asleep.

When I woke up again, the bedroom was bright. Sunlight poured in from the window, giving everything a soft glow. I smiled sleepily, taking in the scene in front of me. I noticed a blanket draped over me and Preston was back on the bed.

My face heated up at the thought of him waking up and covering me.

I yawned, stretching my arms. I picked up my phone lying next to me and checked the time, trying to ignore the countless notifications from my boyfriend. The clock read 7:17AM.

I heard shuffling outside the door and I guessed it was Preston's parents getting ready for work. Until there was a knock on the door. I debated whether to act like I was asleep or stay awake.

I chose the former over the latter, closing my eyes immediately when the door started to open.

"Preston? Wake up already, your classes are– oh, there's a boy," The lady's voice got quiet at the end. "Honey, there's a boy here, what now?" I heard her call to who I assumed was her husband in a different room.

"Wake Preston up, but not the boy!" Was the muffled response.

"Preston," I heard once more. She walked towards the bed and woke up Preston. I knew because he started groaning.

"Mom, I have a friend over," His voice was husky. It sounded nice.

"I can see that. Are you going to school?" She replied, her tone hushed.

"I'll go to my later classes," He moaned back. I took this moment to peak at the two. My heart almost stopped when I made eye contact with Preston. He smiled slyly and continued talking with his mom. My eyes flicked shut and I waited until I heard footsteps leaving the room.

"Rob, I know you're awake," He laughed. I pried my eyes open and blushed.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"Come sit up here, it's probably warmer and comfier than the floor," He pulled the covers back and patted the spot next to him. I got up against my better judgement and slid into the bed, sighing at the warmth from the blankets and the other boy.

I felt incredibly guilty, but Mat would never find out.

"Good morning," He smiled once I was settled and facing him.

"G'Morning."

"Sorry about my mom, everyone will be gone by 7:30, we can go eat or something then," He told me.

"Alright," I replied, basking in the warmth.

"Do you mind if I– um," He paused and I noticed his face flush. "Cuddle?" He eventually got out, his lip between his teeth.

"Oh," I said, quickly deciding that anything I did now wouldn't matter because I've already got myself into this mess of spending the night at a boy's house without Mat.

I made a bold move, shimmying closer and resting my head in the crook of his neck. I felt his arms hesitantly slip around my torso. I was a sucker for cuddles.

"You're warm," I pointed out, having nothing else to say.

"You too, it's nice," He responded after a beat of silence.

We stayed like that, wrapped in each other's arms until the sounds of the door slamming shut and a car pulling away were heard.

"Breakfast?" He suggested. I nodded awkwardly against him. "I don't want to move, you're so cozy," He whined. I giggled and gently detached myself from him.

"Come on," I prompted.

"Hey, your phone's ringing," He mentioned once we were up. "Mat-boo?" He giggled and pointed to the device. I stared at it, truly not wanting to answer it. Preston picked it up and handed it to me, "You better answer it," He jokingly warned and walked out of the room, calling, "I'll start on breakfast!" From down the hall.

I sighed and pressed the green 'answer' button, preparing for the worst.

"Hello?" I answered timidly.

"Rob! What the hell! Get your ass back to my house, where are you? Huh? Did you think that one night away from me and you're free to do whatever the hell you want? Fuck, if you're not here by 9, well I'll let you find out yourself," He warned. I heard the familiar click of him hanging up.

✿✿✿
oMG fluff fluff fluff i love flUFF

but rob pls c'mon buddy
preston's the man 4 u

ty all so much!!!
i really want to be able to show all ur great work off
so i have an idea??
more info in the next chapter when it comes out (: