✿ Nine ✿

"Rob? Is everything okay? Of course I'll pick you up– at that house from before?"

"Yes," I whispered into the receiver.

"Okay, I'm getting into the car now. I'll be there in a few minutes. Deep breaths, Rob, okay? Sit down, play some music if you can, I'll be there as fast as I can."

"A-Alright," I sniffled out embarrassingly. I didn't hang up and neither did he. I could hear his soft breathes over the line. I'm sure he heard my ragged breathes, but at the moment I didn't care. I only cared about him and spending the night somewhere. He didn't hang up until his car pulled down the street and slowed to a halt in front of the house. I put down my phone and watched as he rushed out of his car to me.

"Rob! Thank God you're okay," He murmured, pulling me into a tight embrace. I cried quietly into his shoulder, letting him hug me. I felt a sense of security wash over me as I inhaled his sweet, honey scent.

"Come on," He pulled back after a moment and his hands held mine now. "I'm taking you home with me, okay? We can talk there, I'll make you tea or something warm, alright?" He coaxed, lightly pulling me towards the car.

"Thank you," I told him with as much sincerity as I could muster.

"Hey, don't worry about it, okay? I'm here for you."

I felt nice in that moment. I decided I like the rush of warmth Preston made me feel when he said things like that.

We got back to his house in a short amount of time, the car ride silent aside from the buzz of the radio.

"It's my parent's house, being a broke student doesn't allow me an apartment or something," He chuckled as we walked in. No lights were one. I assumed his parents were sleeping.

"I'm sorry–" I started to say, but he cut me off.

"Don't. It's okay, it is."

The conversation was over after that.

"I'm going to make some tea now, you can join me or sit on the couch. I can put on the TV," He smiled, pointing to the room I guessed to be the kitchen. When he started to walk there, I stood back, unsure of what to do. I stumbled over my feet for a second before catching up to the other brunet. I didn't want to be alone right now.

"Chai or green?" He asked, turning to face me.

"Whatever you like, I'll have that thank you," I smiled halfheartedly, preferring green much more than chai, but not saying that. That is impolite.

Out of nowhere, Preston dropped the tea and pulled me into a hug once more.

"I was really worried you were hurt," He mumbled into the crook of my neck. I felt the vibrations of his voice. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

"I'm okay," I whispered in reply.

"Are you?"

Not really.

"Of course– I just got locked out and panicked, I'm sorry," I somewhat lied.

"Did you lock your keys in the house?"

"Yeah, silly me," I laughed forcefully. I didn't even have keys to forget anywhere.

"Well, if you ever do that again, call me. You can always spend the night here," He grinned, finally pulling away and moving back to make tea.

When it was ready, Preston lead me to his room with both cups of tea in hand. He insisted on taking them both. It was sweet, but I also felt really bad.

"Make yourself comfortable," He giggled, presenting his mostly clean room. I stood in the middle of his room with my legs crossed over each other. He smiled again, ruffling my hair.

"Let's sit?" He suggested, pointing at the bed. My face flushed and we sat side by side.

"I-I'm really tired," I mumbled shyly.

"Oh, of course. Sorry. I'm being really awkward, aren't I?"

"No, no," I exclaimed, waving my hands wilding and embarrassingly. My face turned even redder.

"Okay, let's just– sleep, geez I'm so sorry and weird right now?"

"Okay," I looked down at the clothes covering me. They weren't ideal sleepwear.

"Bro, I got some extra sweats and shirts for you," He smiled, getting up and walking to his dresser. He tossed some clothes my way. "I'll go to the bathroom and change, you cool with that?"

I nodded, looking at the clothes and waiting for him to leave.

Once he left, I quickly stripped down and threw on the new clothes, laughing quietly to myself because of house funny the shirt fit. It was really big.

"Rob?" I heard a muffled call and then a light knock on the door.

"Come in," I replied, but I wasn't sure if he heard.

"Okay," I heard back. I flashed him a small smile when he walked in.

"I'll sleep on the floor," He stated. I shook my head quickly.

"No, that would be a bother for you. Please sleep on your bed. I will sleep on the floor!" I exclaimed, not wanting to be an inconvenience. He looked at me unsurely.

"Are you sure, Rob? If you want to sleep on the bed, you can," He said.

"It's okay."

I got cozy on the floor, a plush carpet beneath me and three blankets over.

"Good night, flower boy," He mumbled sleepily.

"Good night, Preston. Thank you so much."

✿✿✿
kinda a boring chapter
but i have so many cute ideas for the next one holy moly

also tysm for all your comments on the last chapter

sneaky eyebrow wiggle
stay tuned for next chapter B)