Heartbreak (store trip)

There's gonna be different versions of this whole heartbreak thing. Idk how to explain it
Calvin is you and Lauren's son.
Momma-Lauren
Mommy-Y/n

Y/n Pov

I woke up to an empty house. It was extremely quiet and Lauren's part of the bed bare and cold. I slowly sat up as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Finally opening my eyes and seeing a note on my dresser across from me.

Reaching for the more I squint me still sleepy eyes and read over my wife's quickly written words. Calvin and I went to the store. Be back soon. ~Lauren and CaLvIN

I chuckled at my son's attempt to write his name perfectly. He's only 4 so it's a good job. I got up and did my morning routine. Which consisted of showering, my hair, teeth, getting dressed and beginning to pick up any messes Calvin has already begun to make that day.

Walking downstairs i noticed it looked spotless so Lauren must have gotten it already. Makes my morning. I sat back and enjoyed a cup of coffee and watched tv knowing this kind of quiet wouldn't last long.

About 30 minutes later the front door opened and I heard little footsteps running towards the living room. "Buddy take your shoes off before you get to the carpet." I heard Lauren yell as the front door closed. There was a thump in the hallway then little person grunts as loud thuds were heard against the wall.

Once again there were the little pitter patter of feet and soon a weight jumped on top of me. "HEY MOMMY!" A big smile across his face as he dug into a bag of candy in guessing Lauren got him. "Hey bud. How was the store?"

"It was good! I gots candy and I met momma's fwiend." Calvin said even though his words were muffled by candy. "That's good." I couldn't help but smile at how focused on the candy he looked. While I was looking at him Lauren walked by and put the groceries in the kitchen. Only 2 bags...weird for being gone for a while.

I ignored it and said a small hi and got a hand wave in return as she walked upstairs to our room. I turned back to the four year old tapping on my chest. "Mommy I gots a question" I nodded my head waiting for him to speak.

"How many peoples can you give kisses to?" I looked at him confused. Having no idea why he would ask that question, it was really random.

Before I could question it, the words proceeded to continue fall from his small, yet big mouth. "Cos. Momma kissed her fwiend at the stowe. And she kisses you too. So I jus wanna know dat. How many peoples can you do dat to?"

I sat there in shock. At a loss for words. Even though it hurt me and made me sad, anger was quickly taking over. "Oh really?" Was all I managed to say as my breathing began to quicken and thoughts began rushing into my head.

"Yes weawwy. And den she tolds her fwiend she see her latew." I nodded my head not being able to form words. "Calvin babe, go pack you some clothes in your Spider-Man suit case and I'll be in your room in a few to check to see what you have okay?"

He nodded his head and jumped off my lap then ran as fast as his little legs would carry him up the stairs towards his room. I got off the couch and walked to Lauren and my room to find her laying on it with her back facing the door.

I grabbed a suitcase from the top of the closet and threw it on the ground. Making as much noise as possible as I started pulling clothes out of my drawers and rummaging through the bathroom for all of my things. Throwing them into the suitcase.

Lauren shot up and walked to me. Grabbing my arm and stopping my movements. I yanked my arm back and continued to pack. Too upset to be bothered or to start arguing with her.