Four

**Calum's pov**

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock and rubbed my face. I turned the alarm off and sat up on my bed. I stretched and ruffled my hair. I got up from my bed and headed out of my room. I walked in the bathroom and locked the door. I stripped my clothes off and stepped in the shower. I washed myself and stepped out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around my waist and brushed my teeth.

I walked back in my room and closed the door. I pulled on black skinny jeans and a red sweater. I shoved another sweater in my backpack because it was supposed to rain and I didn't want to wear a wet shirt if it got wet. I ruffled my hair with the towel and took a little hair gel in my hand. I rubbed it between my hands and ran my fingers through my hair couple of times. I moisturized my face and put on some lipbalm before I walked out of the door.

I walked downstairs and smiled at my sister. "Good morning", I said and sat opposite from her at the table. "Morning", she said and smiled. She sipped her coffee and looked at me. "What?", she asked and I raised my eyebrows. "What?", I asked and she chuckled. "Why do you look so happy?", she asked and I shrugged. "Can't I be happy?", I asked and she chuckled. "I guess but do you have a reason?", she asked and I shook my head. "I guess not", I said and chuckled a bit.

There was a honk outside and I stood up from my seat. I jogged upstairs, took my backpack from the floor and jogged back down. I pulled my shoes on and stepped out of the door. "Good morning", I said as I got in Ashton's car. "You're in a good mood", he said smiling. "Why is everyone mentioning that?", I asked with a chuckle. "Because you're not an morning person", he said and I chuckled. "I guess", I said and turned the radio on.

We pulled in front of the school and got out of the car. "Luke!", I yelled when I saw him across the yard. He turned around and waved at us. We walked up to him and walked inside together. "How are you?", I asked from Luke. "I'm good, how are you?", he asked. "We're good", I answered for the both of us and Ashton chuckled. "You can't just go around answering questions for me", he said and I looked at him. "I just did", I said and Luke chuckled.

"Calum is having a weird day, don't mind him", Ashton said to Luke and I pouted. "No, I'm not", I said and both of the boys laughed. We stepped in our class and took our seats. I sat next to Michael and Ashton and Luke sat next to us. "Good morning", I said smiling but Michael didn't even look at me. "Are you okay?", I whispered and placed my hand on his. He pulled his hand away and bit his lower lip. "Sorry", I said and looked ahead of me. I rubbed my face with my hands and rested my chin in my hands. 

I felt something hit my head and woke up from my thoughts. "What?", I asked and looked at Ashton. He nodded at the teacher and I turned to look at her too. "Yes?", I asked and she shot me a friendly smile. "Are you feeling okay?", she asked and I nodded. "Yes, why?", I asked, confused. "You weren't listening to me", she said and I bit my lower lip gently. "Oh, sorry, I got lost in my head", I told her with a weak smile and she nodded. "Be sure to talk to me if something's wrong", she said, I nodded and she continued the class.

After a while the bell rang and I got up from my seat. I walked out of the class with Luke and Ashton. "Are you okay, mate?", Ashton asked and I nodded. "Calum, what's up?", he asked and I sighed. "Michael seems sad", I said and Ashton rolled his eyes. "Are you seriously like that just because of him?", he asked and I shrugged. "I'm worried, there's nothing wrong with being worried about someone", I said.

"You don't even know him", he said and I sighed. "I don't know anyone who calls the hotline but I'm still worried about them, maybe I'm just a decent person", I said, raising my voice a bit causing people to stare at us. "Guys", Luke spoke and we looked at him. "Keep it down, please", he said and I sighed. "Sorry Luke", I said and he shot me a weak smile.

We walked in the locker rooms because our next class was sports. We changed to our p.e clothes and walked in the gym. We got lined up in front of the teacher and he clapped his hands once. "Good morning", he spoke and few people answered him. "Today we're playing basketball so go get your ball from there and pick a hoop", he said pointing to the bag with the balls.

After the class we walked back in the lockers. I lifted the hem of my shirt to my head and wiped the sweat from my forehead. We washed our armpits and faces in the showers. "Are you coming with us Cal?", Ashton asked and I shook my head. "I have a free period, I'm probably heading home", I told him and he nodded. We changed our clothes and my friends headed out of the locker room. I sat on the bench, leaning my forearms to my thighs and stared at the floor.

I lifted my eyes from the floor when someone slammed the door shut and looked around the room. I saw Michael and he froze when he saw me. I got up from the bench and stared at Michael who had blood and holes all over his shirt. "Michael", I said quietly and he walked to the showers. I followed him there and he was washing the blood from his face. He turned the shower off and leaned to the wall with his palm against the wall, back facing me.

I slowly walked to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He sniffled and I patted his shoulder gently. "Michael", I said quietly and bit my lower lip. He wiped his tears and turned around. He walked past me and I sighed. I followed him again and grabbed his shirt from the back so he would stop walking. "Do you have another shirt?", I asked and he shook his head, still back facing me.

"Come on", I told him and walked to my backpack. I pulled out the other sweater that I had and handed it to him. "Change your shirt", I told him and he looked at the shirt in his hands. "I'm okay", he said quietly and I shook my head. "Please", I begged and he sighed. "Don't look", he told me and I turned around. After a while he said it was okay to look and I turned to face him again.

I looked at him from head to toe and smiled. "You have a free period too, right?", I asked and he nodded. "My school ended already", he said and I nodded. "So did mine", I told him and he frowned. "Why are you here?", he asked and I chuckled. "I don't know, guess I was lost in my thoughts", I said. "Again?", he asked. "Huh?", I asked and he chuckled a bit. "You weren't listening in class either", he said and I chuckled. "Yea, that", I said.

"I was thinking about you", I said. "Both times, actually", I continued and looked at Michael who was now blushing. "Why?", he asked quietly. "Just wondering if you were alright", I said and he looked down to the floor. "Do you want to hang out?", I asked and he looked at me again. "Let's go to the park or something", I said and he nodded. "Sure", he said and I smiled. I took my backpack from the floor and we headed out.