One

**Michael's pov**

"Hello, you've reached the suicide hotline of Sydney, Australia", the guy on the line spoke. "Um hey", I spoke. "My name's Calum, how are you feeling?", he asked. "I'm calling the suicide hotline, how do you think", I said and sighed. "I know but we are supposed to ask how are you feeling", he said with a chuckle and I nodded even though he couldn't see me. "Do you want to talk about it?", he asked and I sighed. "I don't know, I just feel like shit", I said. "Has anything happened?", he asked. "No", I said. "Nothing out of the ordinary", I continued. "What is ordinary for you?", he asked and I bit my lower lip gently.

"I don't know", I said quietly. "Getting bullied, feeling useless", I continued quietly. "I don't know you but I'm sure you're not useless", Calum spoke on the line. "You're supposed to say that to everyone", I said. "I am but I still truly believe that you're not useless", he said. "Can you change the subject?", I asked and he chuckled on the other line. "Sure, wanna hear a joke?", he asked. "Okay", I said. "Ordinarily, staring is creepy, right?", he said and I hummed. "But if you spread your attention across many individuals, then it's just people watching", he said and chuckled. I smiled a little and shook my head. "Yea, I guess it's funny", I said.

"Wanna hear another one?", he asked. "Sure", I said. "I'll treat you like my homework, slam you on the table and do you all night long", he said and I almost choked on my saliva. "It's not a joke but I thought it was pretty hot", he said with a chuckle. "Wow okay, yea", I said and bit my lip. "To be honest that is pretty fucking hot", I said and Calum chuckled. "You like it rough, huh?", he asked and most likely had a smirk on his face. "Maybe", I said biting my lip. I heard the front door open and sighed.

"I gotta go", I said. "Get your fat ass down here right now!", my dad yelled and I could tell he was drunk. "Are you gonna be okay?", Calum asked sounding worried. "Goodbye", I said and hung up. "Michael, I'm talking to you!", my dad yelled. I got up from my bed and walked out of my room.

//I started this story about 2 years ago but wanted to start writing this again so here you go :) I'll try to publish 2 times a week but if I'm busy or don't have motivation, I'll try to post weekly (most likely on the weekends) Leave a comment and tell me your opinions