Chapter 24

Skipping the meal

Mark's P.O.V

I paid for the food even though (Y/N) insisted on paying. I quickly handed the cashier my credit card and winked at (Y/N). She gave me an adorable pout pretending to be angry. I laughed and once the cashier was done, we left.

"What should we do now? Its only 1.25pm" she asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe we can keep walking around more before we head back?" She agreed and we kept on walking along the streets. I didn't know why, i wanted to hold her hand as we did. I enjoyed her little habits like she would softly say "wow" whenever we walked past a decorated store. After awhile, she stopped me. "Can we go into this one?" She asked and i looked up.

It was a art store. "Of course" i said. We went in and she started looking at pencils, notebooks and i waited for her at the cashier. After about 15 minutes she came to the cashier with a sketchbook, a few pencils and a... camera lens? "They sell camera lenses here?" I asked confused. She chuckled. "No Mark, it's a cup" she said and took off the lid showing me the inside. My eyes widened. "Oh ha ha i see." She handed everything to the cashier and looked at me. "Don't even think about it" she said squinting her eyes playfully. I laughed and put my hands up in a surrender motion. She was referring to me paying for her. I walked to the entrance and waited for her. She came out holding the items in a brown bag.

Knowing she would probably insist on holding it herself, i did not offer my help and just smiled and we continued walking. I noticed the sky was getting cloudy so we agreed on going back to the hotel. I hailed a cab and we were off.

Once we got down, my phone began vibrating in my pocket, i took it out and looked at the caller id. Jason. I gulped and told (Y/N) to go up to the room without me. She nodded and went in to the hotel. I walked around the outside and found a dark alleyway. I quickly ran in as far as i could and answered the call. "Yes?"

"Mark how is the trip going along?" I was confused. "Um... it's okay... why?"

"You're sharing a room with (Y/N) aren't you." I could practically feel him smirk over the phone. "It was you who made the reservations?"

"Heh pretty late don't you think?"

"But why?"

"So that you can get close to her and earn her trust. Then it'll be easier to get the job done. You haven't forgotten about it have you?" I gulped. I did forget. I spent so much time with her that i forgot what i was sent to do. "3 more weeks Mark." And he hung up.

I stared at nothing. I can't do it. I can't possibly bring myself to hurt her. Just then, the rain began to pour. I wasn't bothered by it and i just leaned against a wall. God... what do I do?

Your P.O.V

I changed into my sweatpants and hoodie before sitting down on my bed. Soon i heard the sound of thunder and i looked out the glass panels which opened to the balcony and soon it began pouring. Mark still hasn't returned. What phone call is taking him that long? Blackwell? I just took out my phone and watched YouTube videos in the meantime. A while later, i could hear the sound of the card key being inserted into the door. Knowing it was Mark I didn't really move from the bed. When the door opened, i greeted him. "Hey Mark, welcome b-" my words cut off when i saw him drenched head to toe. "Weren't you in the hotel taking the call? Why did you go outside?" He shook his head. I went over to him and pulled him to sit on the couch. "Wait here" i said and hurriedly went to the bathroom and got a new towel before going back.

I sat down in front of him and placed the towel over his head. Looking at how silly it was i laughed a bit. But he didn't seem to be in a joking mood so i stopped. After a few seconds he still didn't bother to dry his hair. So i did it for him. When i touched his head, his eyes widened a bit. I proceeded to dry his hair vigorously. "What happened back there?" I asked. He gave no reply. I continued wiping his hair when suddenly, he held my wrists and pulled them away from himself before looking at me. I looked at him and his eyes were filled with sadness. "Mark?" Then it happened. He pulled me in for a hug and buried his face in my shoulder.

"M-mark? What's going on?"

He still didn't reply. Slowly i began to wrap my arms around his back. Not even bothered by the fact his clothes were making mine wet as well. Although i wanted to know what was going on in his head, i didn't want him to let go.