Chapter 7

Mark's P.O.V

I pulled over to the barn Jason told me to go to. It's just weird. Why does he want me to come to a barn? I mean he lives in a mansion so i expected the meeting place to be rather high class. I got out of the car and immediately saw a pair of pointy black leather shoes walking towards me and looked up to see Jason smirking.

"Welcome Jefferson. Actually, since i suppose we'll be best friends from now on, i shall call you Mark." He said. "Alright... I'm fine with that. Why did you ask me to come here?" I asked.

"Follow me." He said and i did. He led me to a corner of the barn and it was a silver panel with a lock. He took a key and unlocked it, lifting it up. Beneath it was a flight of stairs, leading to who knows where. I followed Jason down to  a door which looked like a bigger version of a safe. Jason keyed in four numbers, and the door opened. "After you my friend." He said and i stepped inside. My eyes were completely shocked at what they saw. "J-Jason... what is this?"

There were red files wtih my students' names on them. More accurately, FEMALE students. My eyes scanned the room. There was a desk with a table lamp, a large blank canvas against the wall accompanied by two model lights shining against it. There was a cart which had many glass bottles filled with drugs and srynges next to it. "Welcome to paradise." Jason said and i just couldn't find the words to say. I stood rooted to the ground and he walked beside me.

"Too thankful to say anything? Haha i know. Well, this will be your private workplace from now on. Remember Mark. One month." He said with his index finger up right in front of my eyes before leaving the room. I fell back against the couch.

What the fuck is this place?

Your P.O.V.

"And that's why you're super (Y/N)!" Chloe said as she pulled up into her driveway. We were talking about how i was able to fix Joyce's recipe slightly to make it better. "Haha whatever Chloe." I say as we step out of the truck. We enter her house and i always love the smell. Joyce has lavenders in a vase just next to the door on a shelf. Memories of me and Chloe playing when we were young (Adele i swear) came flooding into my mind. We went to Chloe's room and she immediately started to smoke. I sighed. Was me leaving Arcadia such a big blow to Chloe that she became like this? I feel guilty for not giving her a call during that time. I was so caught up with what i was doing. Unpacking my shit, school, all sorts of stuff. 

"Can you put some music on?" Chloe asked as she lay back on her bed, blowing out another puff. "Sure" i looked around for any music CDs but couldn't find any. Until i came across a small box under her bed. I opened it and yep. The CD was there, so was a picture of a beautiful girl who looked about just the same age as Chloe and me. I was pretty curious since well, i've seen her 'missing person' posters all over blackwell. "Chloe, who's this? She seems nice." I said as i stood up and sat on the bed beside Chloe. Chloe sat up too. "She was my bestfriend. After you left and my dad died, she... well she was like my saviour. My angel."

"So... she was like my replacement?" I asked.

"Pretty much."

"What happened to her?"

"Thats what I've been trying to findout for the past month. She dissapeared without a word... without me. Sigh just put the music on already." Chloe said with a hint of sadness and frustration. I nodded and went to put it on. The music started blasting and Chloe started to dance on the bed. I kept laughing looking at her go. "C'mon (Y/N), shake that bony ass!" She said. I laughed and started dancing along to the song together with her. "Chloe! What did i say about blasting that punk ass shit?!" A male voice said and chloe hurriedly turned the music off and we both looked at each other.

Shit.