Chapter 23

Your P.O.V

We went to the hotel lobby, went out and hailed a taxi. We both sat at the back. I couldn't help but look at him from the corner of my eye. I've only seen him wear suits whenever he's outside but never in a sweat shirt. He has pretty good fashion sense. "You may have to greet a lot of people when we get there" he said, snapping me out of my thoughts

"Like who?"

"Art critics and people who visit the gallery. After all your picture was enlarged and placed on a wall." Dammit. I'm not good at speaking to strangers in a formal matter... i'm not that sociable. This was what i wanted to say. But i couldn't. I realised i had to open up more instead of just being comfortable only around Mark. I sighed. Not a frustrated one, but just an agreeing one. "I'll try" was all i managed to say. "Don't worry, i'll be around if you need me." He said smiling and i instinctively smile back. It's good to know he has my back.

Soon we arrived. Mark paid for the fare and we head into the gallery. There was already a large amount of people there. Mark said i could walk around while he checked in for us, so i did. It took me awhile before i found my art work because there were three levels and mine so happened to be on the top level. I stood in front of my art work and smiled lightly. I still couldn't believe it's all framed up in a gallery in San Francisco.

"Hello, you must be Miss (Y/L/N) I assume?" I turned around and was shocked to see who it was. "M-Mr butler?!(btw this is a fake name i came up with so don't bother looking it up)" I whisper-shouted. Mr. Dominic James Butler was standing right before my very eyes. The photographer that had a talent for capturing touching moments and make you feel like you could comprehend with his photos. Dominic. James. Butler.

"Haha you seem to know me. Hello" he said smiling and reached out his hand. I shook it immediately. "I-It's a pleasure meeting you Mr Butler."

"The pleasure is mine. I must say, you're on the way to becoming a successful photographer. Your photo is beautifully taken." He said smiling. My jaw nearly dropped. Hearing such a compliment... especially from him. Must be heaven.

"Dominic." I heard Mark's voice and turned to look at him. "Mark." I looked at the both of them and it felt like there was a sudden tension in the air. "Why are you here?" Mr. Butler asked Mark in a rather... should i say stern tone. "I'm her teacher who brought her here." Mark said crossing his arms.

"Surprising to see how she was able to give such photo quality under your supervision." Mr. Butler said. "Well at least i wasn't teaching her how to take someone else's work." Mark shot back. Okay something was definitely up between these two. "Heh. Who says i did?"

"It was nice meeting you miss (Y/L/N)." he said before walking off.

"Okay what just happened?" I asked Mark. "I'll tell you when we get back to the hotel. Anyways how are you fairing?" He asked. "Going pretty well so far. What time are we leaving?"

"Soon. I do want to introduce you to my friends actually, could you follow me?" They way he said it. God Mark could you stop giving me false hope? I nodded and followed him. He introduced me to a few photographers who some I've never seen or heard of, and some just instagrammers i followed. It actually hurt my cheeks to smile so much in front of so many strangers. After speaking to all of them, Mark looked at his watch. "Perhaps we should grab lunch?" He asked. I nodded. We went out of the gallery and to the streets of San Francisco.

Mark's P.O.V

He was the last person i wanted to see. I abhorred him. "Mark?" For what he did to me. I could never forgive.

"Markkk hellloooo" (Y/N) waved her hand in front of me. "Oh yes?"

"You've been spacing out a lot. Is it because of what happened back there?" I shook my head and changed the subject. "So where shall we eat?" I asked as we continued walking along the streets.

"Hm... how about this one?" She said, stopping in front of a restaurant. I looked up and there was a board which had the name "Bellota" on it. I looked inside and it seemed pretty decent so i agreed. Hm... lunch with (Y/N) yet again.