Chapter 8

Your P.O.V.

"Quick! Hide!" Chloe whisper-shouted. I quickly ran to the closet and hid in there and soon the door opened. I peeped through the small holes in the closet and turns out it was Chloe's stepdad, David. She never did like him and neither have i. He's some dumb Security Guard who treats the school as if it was world war 3 or something and suspects every single student there.

"Have you been smoking again?!" He shouted, picking up a ciggarete from the ash tray. "No shit sherlock." Chloe said, rolling her eyes. "You do not disrespect me in this household do you hear me?"

"Thanks to your comstant shouting, no, i can't fucking hear you!" Chloe shouted back. I could see the rage filling David's eyes and suddenly he brought his hand across her face. My eyes widened. My hands were in tight fists and i wanted to send him to the depths of hell right there and then. I was planning to open the closet and pounce on him or something but Chloe mouthed the word "don't" to me. My hands fell from the closet door and i just stood there watching with pity and anger.

"I'm sorry Chloe. I just want you safe... Joyce wanted me to tell u to pack a luggage bag. You two are going on a holiday for a month in two days." David said and left the room. I immediately got out and hugged Chloe. "I can't believe he did that..." Chloe hugged me back. "Sucks to be me i guess." I decided to have a sleepover and help her pack since I won't have school tomorrow. Today's a friday. After that we both laid on the bed staring at the ceiling. "Y'know... i've always wondered what life would've been like if my dad was still here." Chloe said.

I looked at her then back to the ceiling. "Yeah... i miss him too."

Mark's P.O.V

I left that horrid place and back to my own apartment. I sat on the couch with my hands through my hair. I can't bear to bring those things anywhere even close to (Y/N). Or anyone else. Drugs? Needles? Am I crazy? I slammed my hands onto the coffee table in front of me. "God fucking dammit Jason." I said under my breath. I didn't know what to do. Suddenly my notification sound went off. I took out my phone and it was a message from Jason.

Jason Prescott: if you think you can get away by calling the police, haha... i'll make your life a living hell.

I threw my phone on the couch. I don't know what to do. I just... so if i don't do it, my life becomes hell, I lose my job. If i do it, i'll be killing innocent girls and my life will be hell. So either way... i'm fucked aren't I?