Chapter 4- Help Me Understand

Start from the beginning

Sans snorted again, but did his best to hide it. "Whatever you say, Grizzle Papizzle."

"SANS!!!! YOU WERE SPYING ON ME AGAIN!!! DON'T MAKE ME THREATEN TO STOP COOKING FOR YOU AGAIN!"

"Would that be a promise?"

"DAMMIT, SANS!!! GET OUT!!"

Closing the door quickly before Papyrus opened the curtain to throw something at him, he hurried up down the stairs and out the front door before busting out laughing. "Grizzle Papizzle. He really needs to relax on all that shit." he thought to himself as he walked toward the area of the Ruins. He had to lie to Pap. He needed him out of the house and far enough away in case the Human made it that far. The closer he came to the Ruins' door however, greater was the sense of foreboding that clung to every one of his senses. Then, in the distance, he saw her. She had a certain aura about her... it almost seemed... gentle? Or maybe that was just the strange feeling he had now whenever he was near her. Another thing about this whole situation that he couldn't yet understand. Out of nowhere, a Froggit hopped near her. The life of one Froggit was worth the sacrifice for the rest of the Underground. If she killed it, he'd wreck her like a 70mph car meeting a tree. Hiding and keeping himself from being noticed, Sans watched curiously. She appeared apprehensive. Unsure if that was a good or a bad thing, he once again poised himself to attack....

.... and then she bent down and...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking through the strange little house, Frisk took note of several details. There were blue flowers in almost every room. The tiny kitchen appeared to have been abandoned for quite some time, being that there were cobwebs almost everywhere....

...which meant there were spiders everywhere.

Frisk shuddered. She was honestly petrified of spiders. Leaving that room in hopes that she'd not run into any, she took in the fireplace and bookshelf, heavily corroded with dust. Wiping away at one it read:

"The Many Different Uses For Snails."

"Snails?" Frisk thought, sneering. Why would anyone need a use for snails of all things? Through the area with the staircase, she decided to check out the next hallway before the stairs. There were several doors, the first one appearing to be a child's bedroom. Upon further exploration, she noted some odd looking toys, a closet full of jumpsuits and an empty picture frame. This only made her wonder what had happened here that a child's bedroom would be deserted this way. Almost as if the family had fled for some strange reason....

The next room was definitely an adult's bedroom. It too appeared to have been quickly abandoned, but the amount of dust collected everywhere was a direct indicator that it'd been some time ago. Had Sans done this? No... He'd been protecting whomever lived in this place. That was why he'd killed her as many times as he had. She found it almost... heroic in a sense, and found her cheeks flush at the thought. One brow quirked and she paused.

"What the hell was that...." she thought with an almost uncomfortable grimace, then shook her head as if that would clear the thoughts away somehow. Backing from the room, she tried the last, but it was locked. "Well, down the stairs it is then." But first, Frisk stopped and stared at her reflection in the mirror. Tucking strands of hair from her face to behind her ear, she could have sworn a flicker of red tinged her eyes, which caused her to jump slightly. Finally, she squinted, trying to study them harder. As quickly as it'd happened, Frisk was beginning to think she'd been simply seeing things. A trick of the light or something.

When she began to walk away from the mirror however, an ominous laughter resounded in her head. It was so quiet, but even after it was gone, just the memory of it over time gained the volume of a thunderclap. Honestly, it frightened her as apparently, there was something inherently evil living within her mind, and from what she assumed, it wanted out.