Chapter 28 - Halloween Party(Option 1)

Start from the beginning

"Syo?" I ask and wave my hand in front of his face. He snaps out of it and pink starts to dust his cheeks.

"-you." he mumbles looking to the side with his arms crossed.

"What did you say?" I raise an eyebrow. I didn't catch that.

"-cute." he mumbles again this time a bit louder but I couldn't hear him properly.

"I can't understand what you're saying, Syo, speak up." I cross my arms with a smirk still on my face and chuckling here and there.

"You look really cute, okay!" he shouts this time and I quickly pull back, my eyes wide. His cheeks are a bit red and I know mine are as well. He thinks I'm cute? He sighs and rubs the back of his neck, looking to the side.

"I-I didn't mean to yell in your face." he trys to apologize. What should I do? There's no need to make this even more awkward. He just complimented me, nothing more, right? Right.

"It's alright, Syo, I was being annoying." he quickly looks at me and I smile.

"And thanks." he finally smiles but there's still a little bit of pink on his cheeks. He glances at the party then back at me.

"Care to help me find the others?" I chuckle and nod.

"Sure." we start making our way to the party. I'm so glad this is all settled. This could've taken a turn for the worst.

"So what do you think of my costume?" he asks. I know I going to hate myself for this but I smirk anyways.

"It's purrfect." he glances at me with a raised eyebrow. I couldn't hold it in anymore so I start to laugh again and this time he joins me.

Finally at the party, Otoya-kun quickly walks over to us. His eyes widen as soon as he's close enough.

"Y/N-san?!" I just smile and wave. He shakes his head but there's still pink on his cheeks and continues,

"Everyone's been looking for you! Come on, they'll be glad to know you're alright." he's dressed like a mummy. I glance at Syo and he just shrugs. We follow Otoya-kun and soon we see 'our group' by one of the tables.

"Found her!" Syo calls out when we're close enough. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Y/N/Y/N-chan, there you are!" a witch and a fairy are the first to run over to us.

"We've been looking for you!" Haru-chan, the fairy, says and I start to rub the back of my neck. I feel offal now for making them worry.

"I'm sorry guys, I wasn't feeling well so I moved away from the ruckus."

"Are you fine now?" I turn my attention to Masato and nod with a smile. Masato's dressed like a Grim Reaper. Everyone's here.... except for Ren. Prabably with his fangirls somewhere.

"Yea-" suddenly I find myself in a bone crushing hug with my feet dangling.

"N-Natsuki, let go of her!"

"But she's so cute in that cat costume!"

"I-I don't care, put her down!" why do I feel like an object? Natsuki lets go of me and I stumble back a bit. I'm steadied by a pair of arms around my waist.

"Are you okay, my lady?" with the corner of my eye and the fact that he called me 'my lady' I know it's Ren. I feel like Natsuki squeezed all the air out of me. Unconsciously I close my eyes for a bit, putting a hand on my head.

Shaking my head, I straighten up and turn my head to see Ren looking down at me with a flirtatious smile. And his back. He's dress like a pirate. I sigh and shake my head once more.