Chapter Eleven

*Jennifer’s POV* 

I stumble to Iris’ trailer, wiping my eyes from the tears. This morning I got a call from my mother telling me that my kitten had died while out roaming the streets. Guilt stung my heart as I went to find some female company. I could have talked to Josh or Liam but they’re guys. They’d probably just shrug It off and tell me that I shouldn’t dwell on it. Which it true but I still want to mourn for the little girl. The only female person on set that I can really confide in is Iris, but she has distanced herself from me after I told Josh about her predicament. 

I knock on the door of her trailer and walk inside, she turns smiling; probably thinking I was someone else and a frown appears on her face when she sees the state that I am in. 

“Jen are you okay? What happened? Who hurt your feelings?” She said sitting me on the sofa which sat in the middle of the room. I explain to her what happened and she hugs me, telling me everything will be fine.

“Jen, that’s just the cycle of life. I know that it sucks now and you feel crap for losing your pet but she’s in a better place. There was nothing you could have done. It would have been cruel to keep her inside for her whole life.” She finishes, making me smile.

“So we good?” I mutter.

“Yes of course. Just promise me that if I do tell you anything personal, you wont go and tell Josh; or anyone.” She asks.

“I promise. I only told Josh because he needed to know. It wasn’t fair for him to stay up at night worrying how he hurt you.” I say back, her head whips toward mine.

“He couldn’t sleep because of me?” She asked. I gave her a simple nod and she smiled widely. Man what happened to the hostile girl who hated all men just three weeks ago. 

“Okay, me being nosey I have to ask; what is the deal with you two now? Everyone thinks you’re together, then Liam says that you aren’t and that we’re all talking crap. I mean, then he said to me that he hadn’t talked to you for at least a week. You’ve been to occupied. I say taking a sip from my water bottle. She smiles. 

“Wha? TELL ME PLEASE?” I ask, whining. She smiles again.

“Okay. You wont tell him right… but I can’t explain it…” She mumbles 

“OK.. How about I ask you questions and you nod or shake your head?” I ask she smiles and nods. 

“Are you friends?” I ask, she nods.

“Do you like him?” I ask, she nods. 

“Was Jennifer right ALL THIS TIME.” I say, she nods. 

“Should I be worried you’ll take my Joshy away?” I ask, she shakes her head vigorously. 

“Do you like like him?” I ask, she thinks for a moment and then shakes her head. 

“ARE YOU SURE?” I ask, she smiles: giddy like a little girl and shrugs enthusiastically.

“Oh my gosh you do like him in that way.” I tease. She smiles and smacks my arm, cheeks reddening. I don’t dare tease her about it so I leave her to think. I say my goodbyes and evacuate the trailer. Passing Josh on my way. 

*Iris’ POV* 

After Jennifer made an exit from the trailer I grab a drink from the fridge and sit on the sofa, someone walks into the trailer and I turn to see who it is, Josh. I instantly look at myself, checking that I look okay, looking back up at him I can see the smile spread across his face. 

“You look beautiful whatever you wear. Don’t worry about how you look.” He says resting his hands on my shoulder, only to take them off thinking I wouldn’t like it. I move my hands to his –gulp- and then put is hands back on my shoulders. Feeling his warmth. He smiled and moved closer near enough closing the space between us. Feeling uncomfortable I moved my body away from his, coughing. He sits next to me on the sofa and starts to talk to me. 

“So Iris, the only things I know about you is what I have heard from either Liam or Jennifer. Should we get to know each other a little more?” He asks, taking a drink from the fridge and opening it. 

“Sure, why not?” I say: actually enthusiastically. 

“Favourite colour?” He asks

“Blue, or Purple.” I reply. 

“Favourite food?”

“Chicken Tacos.” I reply.

“Oh they are good.” He says cutely rubbing his stomach.

“You know Iris… I need to tell you something.” He says, my stomach knots and I nod to let him continue. 

“I promised myself that I would wait until you are ready for affection. Which I am. It’s just so damn hard to love someone you know that could potentially never love you back.” He says. I shiver at his use of the word ‘love’ like he could ever love a girl like me. I’m too messed up. 

“Y-You’re mistaken.. you said you loved me. You don’t love me.” I say he smiles. 

“I can promise you now, I do. And I will wait however long I have to to make you realise that we were meant to at least TRY. There is a feeling I get when I’m with you that I have never had. A tingling in my chest, a knot in my stomach when I know you’re smiling for me. The satisfaction to know that I could be a major part in making you happy to love again. Iris. Just please give me a chance to love you.” Without hesitation I press my lips to his cheek. Letting him know that this could develop when I find something that proves that he means what he’s saying. I didn’t move away from kissing his cheek. Our faces extremely close together; and that’s when Josh Hutcherson kissed me. But this time: I loved it. 

~~

Oooh how was that?

Comment what you thought please?

Why not vote?? PLEASE?

~BubblesAbernathy.