Chapter XXIX

Luke's POV

I hated the secrecy of it all. My love for Brianna made it close to impossible for me to hide everything from her. She, as a daughter of Athena, knew me too well. She knew that I was hiding something. She knew that I was keeping secrets. She knew that I refused to tell her where I'd been. The problem: She continued asking and making me weave tangled webs of lies all around us.

I wanted my relationship with her to grow, but it couldn't. Kronos was right about that. I knew the instant I told her, our relationship would tumble. She supported the gods; I hated them. She thought our godly parents loving and caring; I thought they should go to Tartarus. Or at least that they were deadbeats. I wanted revenge. Revenge on my father, for leaving me with my dysfunctional mother. Revenge on the Olympians, for falling in love with our mortal parents and breaking their hearts. Revenge on the gods, for not claiming their children in a timely manner, or helping them outside of camp, for that matter.

Kronos promised me that he could change all that. We both wanted the same thing: to watch Olympus fall. We both wanted power. He wanted revenge on his children, for locking him up in Tartarus after chopping him into tiny pieces. I wanted the power to make a difference, the power to fell the immortals.

The first time he visited me was in my dreams.