Chapter XXIV

Brianna's POV

As I said before, dinner was, well, strange. A food fight. I came in, and went to sit at the end when I saw Luke motion to me. I walked over, and as I did, I saw him push Travis and Connor down the bench some.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," Luke responded. "How was, er, meeting the campers?"
"Not bad," I admitted. "Definitely better with Annabeth than you, though."
"Hey!" he replied indignantly. "I'm not that much of a creep!"
"He's-"
"Not."
"He's-"
"Nice-"
"When-"
"You-"
"Get-"
"To-"
"Know-"
"Him." The two twins that I'd met earlier, Travis and Connor Stoll, were finishing each other's sentences-literally. It was so accurate, it was freaky. Fortunately, Chiron saved me from the awkward moment. He pounded his hoof against the floor of the pavilion.
"Good evening, campers! Tonight, we have a new camper with us." He looked pointedly at Mr. D, evidently cueing him to his 'welcome to camp' line.
Mr. D sighed and stood reluctantly. "I suppose I must welcome the new cre-camper that joined us tonight. Welcome, Brielle Grayson." Chiron murmured something to him, and Mr. D sighed in exasperation.
"Excuse me, Brianna Grace," he corrected. Luke nudged me.
"Mr. D purposely messes up campers' names," he whispered to me. "He was sent here to dry out for a century 'cause he was chasing an off limits wood nymph. I guess you could say that Zeus grounded him." I nodded, though I still wasn't completely sure how someone could ground a god. So, after Mr. D's "speech", we sacrificed food to the gods, and then sat back down to eat. That's when I heard: "FOOD FIGHT!!!!"
"Oh no," Luke groaned beside me. As food started flying, he grabbed my arm and dragged me beneath the table with him.
"Does this happen often?" I hissed to him.
"Um, not necessarily," he replied. "I, ah, have spoken to the two of them about initiating new campers like this."
"Well," I said, "evidently that didn't work!" Luke just shrugged. About ten minutes later, I heard Chiron's voice above the chaos.
"What is going on here? Who started this?" He did not sound happy.

[Unedited] Wisdom's Daughterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें