Chapter XI

Brianna's POV

That night, I threw on a pair of my nicest shorts and a not-so-ratty T-shirt. When I got out to the living room, I heard a knock on the door. I called, "I'll get it!", and walked towards it. I took a deep breath, mentally preparing myself before opening the door. Anna (the one that I knew) stood there, next to who I assumed was Veronica Reding; and Anna's mother.
"You!" Anna exclaimed in disbelief. I nodded. Her mother turned to me.
"You must be Brianna. I've heard so my about you from your father." Now there was a shocker. I thought my dad couldn't care less about me, but I covered my shock and smiled.
"All good things, I hope," I replied conversationally. "Would you like to come in?" She nodded, and Anna followed reluctantly, giving me the evil eye on her way in. My father was waiting inside for us, and greeted Veronica with a kiss on the cheek. I saw Anna, who made a gagging motion.
Well, that's one thing that we can both agree on, I thought to myself. After dinner, my dad said that I should show Anna my room. Anna smiled, but it was evil somehow. I couldn't really pinpoint it, but something inside me tingled. I shrugged, though, and headed back the hall.