Chapter XXV

You thought this was an update, didn't you??? Haha, no. I know I haven't updated in forever, and I'm so sorry. My inspiration meter has been at Zero. If you write, I'm sure you understand that. I have some good things planned for Luke and Brianna, but I have no idea how to transition from the food fight to this. Again, I'm sorry. Also, life happened. And yes, that's an excuse. I have a life outside of Wattpad. Deal with it. You get cookies and cake if you read this far! 🎂🍪😉 Okay, maybe I'll give you a sneak peek several chapters ahead, just because I'm a nice person.

Brianna's POV

One night, several after I'd been claimed, I heard a knock on the cabin door. Annabeth ran to answer it.

"Who is it?" I called. She turned around after exchanging words with the visitor.

"Your knight in shining armor is here!" she sang out. I rolled my eyes.

"How many times do I have to tell you, he's NOT MY BOYFRIEND! We're just friends," I replied indignantly.

"Yeah right," Annabeth said sarcastically.

"You've been hanging out with Silena too much," I retorted. Annabeth just shrugged and opened the door wider. Luke was standing there, looking slightly nervous, but smiling.

"Um, Brianna, can I talk to you?" he said. "Alone?"

"Sure," I said. Annabeth smirked from over where she was standing. I returned it with a scathing look. Then, I set down the scroll that I'd been transcribing from Ancient Greek to English (an assignment from Chiron), and headed outside. Annabeth opened her mouth to say something, but Luke glared at her, and she closed her mouth. Luke seemed to have that hold over Annabeth. She evidently thought better of what she was going to say, thank the gods.

Luke said, "Follow me," so I did. He led me down to the beach where the sun was just starting to set. It made a gorgeous sunset, with almost every hue of red and orange you could think of. Believe me, I'm a daughter of Athena, and I couldn't think up more than what was there. Luke broke through my thoughts and said, "So...how was your day?"

"Um, good," I replied. "What did you want to talk about?" He looked at me. I saw something in his eyes that I couldn't place.

"Maybe it would be easier to show you rather than tell you," he responded. That's when Luke leaned in and kissed me...on the lips. I think my brain might've short-circuited. I'd liked him for a while, but this... Honestly, as a daughter of Athena, you won't hear us freaking out about girly things. We're the ones with a plan, the ones that never falter. This, obviously, was a complete and total exception. I seemed to be making a lot of exceptions for Luke. Not that I minded.

There. Peace out and stay safe over the holidays, demigods! 😀😀😀