Chapter XII

Luke's POV

I had a dream when I fell asleep. Well, demigod 'dreams' are more like nightmares, prophetic, with the added bonus (not!) of being scary and dangerous. Anyhow, I dreamed of Brianna. No, it's not like that, if you think this dream was an exception to the stereotypical demigod dream. I saw Anna with Brianna, and they were standing in what I assumed was Brianna's room. I couldn't hear their conversation, but their body language told me that they were having an argument. I happened to glance over and see that the door was closed. I felt a chill run through my body. The same chill that I felt at the talent show. My ADHD was tingling like crazy. All of a sudden, Anna grew talons, and bared fangs at Brianna. The last thing that I saw was her lunging at Brianna, her claws tearing through my dream image, waking me up. I was stunned at what I'd seen in the dream, and I immediately ran to the Big House, hoping Chiron would be there. I couldn't shake the foreboding feelings I had from the dream. I was worried that I wouldn't get there in time. In time for what, you might wonder. In time for me to prevent Anna's killing of Brianna! Luckily, Chiron was still at the Big House. I quickly explained the situation to him, and he looked very alarmed. He gave me her apartment's address, and sent Lakyn with me. We took two pegasi, the ones that had picked us up. The names are Storm and Porkpie. As we flew, I prayed to the gods that I wouldn't be too late. Lakyn looked confused, but I didn't bother to enlighten her. Finally she said, "What's going on?"
I sighed, then, knowing that she had a right to know, replied, "I had a dream that Brianna was being attacked by a monster." I didn't say who, but Lakyn knew. She looked at me, her eyes wide, and one word escaped her lips: Anna.