A friend. (poems for resting friends n family)

• Dedicated to Des Jenks

A friend.

Not many words I can say. One minute you're here and the next you passed away.

Since then been wondering if this is all a test, to see who loves you the best.

Your heart wouldn't be that cruel.

I should have felt your pain. I feel like such a fool. I cant get over waiting for a better moment to tell you 'You're one of few I could lay my trust.'

My words just collected in the dust.

Maybe you knew. Maybe you didn't.

Maybe my words would have saved you for a minute.

Longer the days, the stronger the pains. My mind as to tell my heart that you're gone.  Not yet am I ready to move on.

What if I forget your face? What if I forget your name?

How could I.

It was meant to be up in lights.

I'm sorry I had no way to make you change your mind. Now at least your not lost. You have what you wanted to find.

For those that don't think much of you, I don't know if they exist, but if so their thoughts mean jack shi-.

I wish I could understand a bit more. Who , what; pushed you through heavens doors?

Even now in ink, its hard to say goodbye.

(it must be done.)

One day soon enough I wait to have our souls by each others lives.

So many have gone.

How many now are left?

Now to mourn, the loss of an amazing friend.

Desmond Jenkins.  May your sorrows be at rest.

A promise to never be forgotten. We thank you for being REAL, being caring, respectful, good dad, son, brother, friend, good listener, trustworthy, such a talented person in every way, but most of all thank you for being around. You will always be missed.