Chapter 17~Lovers and Old Threats

Start from the beginning

"SHANNON!"

"And he finally explodes," I state, throwing the apple on the floor. "Well my little Blakey-wakey, my sleep has nothing to do with your life. End of story; zip your mouth. I don't want to hear anything. Nada."

Blake's eyes softened, and reluctantly, he nodded. "I'm leaving with Ben and Aurelia now. I just wanted to say goodbye. You'll be with Mike, though."

"That blockhead," I commented. "What is this? Babysitting 101?" Blake kissed my forehead, his eyes twinkling in the faint light.

"Just be good, baby. I'll see you later." He turned to leave but stopped himself. I could hear his grin take over his serious expression.

"And pick up your apple, Shannon."

~~~~~~

Once again, I made my way down to the kitchen, after a long, relaxing shower. I was bored with Blake gone, but I would never admit that.

"Mike!" I screamed. He was in the kitchen, staring at his phone, smiling. It was a strange sight, seeing him so carelessly happy. He was smiling for goodness sake!

"What?" Mike demanded. He looked up from his phone, glaring at me. No scowl?

"I am bored," I state, shrugging. Mike lets out a sigh, turning off his phone. His dark brown eyes softened, making him look like a young teenager, which I knew he was not.

"Of course, you are. Read a book then."

I blink, surprised. "A book?"

"Yeah," Mike answers. "They're this paper made—"

Scowling at him, I scoff. "I know what books are. What do you expect me to read, genius?" Mike smirked at me and threw me a book. Percy Jackson.

Isn't this the book with the guy who cried because he wasn't a full god, but thirty percent of one?

"How did you get this book?" I asked. Mike laughed, throwing his head back.

"Questions, questions, Shannon," Mike frowned. "Actually, Blake knew you would be bored, so he bought the book, thinking that you might like it."

The tears streamed from my eyes as I fell down to the floor, laughing. "B-Blake going to a bookstore. Buying books! What did he say to the manager? 'Give me your best Fantasy book, or else I'm getting out my rifle.'" By now, I was snorting, imagining Blake going through Shakespeare books.

"Oh shut up," Mike smiled. "He's a sentimental person." That only brought more tears as I struggled to breathe.

"Oh gosh, don't tell me. Blake hugs kittens, and drinks hot chocolate?" Mike snorted and looked as if he was about to cry.

"Don't you dare mention that to Blake," Mike warned. His gaze locked on mine before a soft sound from his phone went off. That small sound, alone, made his eyes light up, in a shining fashion.

"Who are you texting?" I asked. I got up from the floor, ready to peer over Mike's shoulder. He noticed my advancing form and quickly let out a cough.

"Ah...no one."

He is such a bad liar. Even worse than Blake. But, Blake is such a dumbo. Blake can never be a candy-loving, ruler. Only I am worthy to sit on the throne.

I'm just awesome like that.

"Mike, just tell me. I promise not to tell anyone." I deepened my frown, silently begging with him. He sighed, looking over at his phone, before handing it over to me.

We're making such progress these days. Soon he will be the master of the Shannon fan club.

The screen on the phone showed an endless amount of text messages. I never really had a phone, making me confused, as I stared blankly at the screen. However, my gaze flickered at the top, revealing a name.