Chapter 39: Lost

"Lets go for a walk," you suggested. "Ooh! That sounds fun!" Dan agreed. You grabbed a coat and followed Dan out the door. "Are we gonna follow the path?" you asked him. He turned around and started to laugh, "Hell no!" he replied.

"It's so pretty in here!" you exclaimed. The leaves on the trees were starting to change colours in the beautiful forest. "I think we should head back now, it's 8:00. It'll be dark soon," you said to Dan. He spun around, looking confused. "Shit," he muttered. "What's wrong?" you asked. "We may orate not be lost," Dan replied. You looked around. "I say we go this way!" you pointed at a spot directly behind you. Dan shrugged and followed you. "We have been walking for almost two hours. we are hopelessly lost!" Dan cried. "HAVE NO FEAR DANIEL SMITH! I HAVE A CELL PHONE WITH ME!" you exclaimed as you pulled you phone from your pocket. Your face drooped as you noticed there was no service.

Dan leaned on a rock. "It's 12:00 Dan, lets get some rest. We can find our way back in the morning," you suggested. Both of you were shivering, so you huddled together for warmth. You and Dan fell asleep with your bodies intertwined for warmth.

"Where are we?" Dan asked when he got up. "You don't remember?" you asked. Then you noticed the dried blood on the side of Dan's head. It all came flooding back to you. A strange man had found the two of you in the night. He had tried to rape you, but Dan was there. Dan tried to fight him, but the man had a baseball bat. He clubbed Dan in the side of the head, and then you. You couldn't remember anything else.

"We have to get out of here," you said, "now." Dan nodded as he ran through the thick bush behind you. After a few hours, you finally found your way back to the trail. "Finally," you exclaimed. "What happened last night Madeline? You are covered in bruises. I didn't do that did I?" Dan cried. "I'll explain everything when we get back to the hotel. And no, you didn't do it," you replied, while crying. Dan kissed you, and dried your tears.