Chapter 3: Falling For Dan

When you got up Dan was already gone. He had given you one of his t-shirts and a pair of boxers to sleep in. You went out into the kitchen to get some breakfast and found a note.

'Hey Maddy. I had to go to work. There's a pair of clothes on the couch. They are mine, so they might be a bit big. When I get back from work we can go shopping. Help yourself to anything you want to eat. I should be back around 3:00. I left my cellphone number on the fridge. I love you Madeline. See you soon.'

You walked into the living room and sure enough there was a shirt and a pair of skinny jeans on the couch. The shirt was too big, so you took your hair tie off your wrist and tied the shirt so it fit. The jeans fit pretty good.

You went and grabbed a record off one of the shelves. It was by To Kill A King. You put it on the record player. The music started blasting from the system. You started dancing all around the house.

When the record finished playing, you found season 1 of Twin Peaks and popped it into the DVD player.

You had only made it through the first 2 episodes when Dan came in. "Have you ever seen Twin Peaks before?" He asked. "No," you answered. He plopped down beside you. "Pretty great, isn't it?" Dan asked. "Shh!" You demanded. He put his arm around you, and pulled you close.

When the third episode was over Dan said, "Hey Maddy, wanna go shopping now? we can finish the Twin Peaks marathon after." "Ok," you agreed.

After you picked out all you wanted and got up to the counter the total was way more than you had on you. "Shit," you muttered. Before you knew it Dan had payed for the items.

As you were walking out of the store you said to him, "You know, you didn't have to do that. I could've put some stuff back." He looked at you. "Madeline, if you ever need anything just ask. Also you look adorable in my clothes." He replied. Your cheeks started burning. He kissed your forehead. "I think it's cute when you blush," he complemented. you blushed even harder.