Chapter 72: Safety

"What happened Madeline," Dan said as he stared into your eyes. "Ty was following us. I went in the bathroom and he came in after me. He punched me and gave me this," you replied and handed him the envelope. "What's in here?" he asked. You shrugged, and he ripped it open.

'Dear Madeline,

If you ever come back to Twin Peaks, good luck.

Love,

Kyle and Ty'

Dan tore the letter up. "What are we going to do Dan?" you said as a tear rolled down your cheek. "Lets call the police," he suggested.

Dan called the police, because you were crying, and didn't feel like having a mental breakdown on the phone. Dan hung up. "They're heading over to the warehouse as we speak," he reassured. "Thanks Dan," you said and leaned into his chest. "Hey, no problem! it's my job to protect you!" he exclaimed. You smiled and kissed his cheek.

The phone rang while Dan was driving. "Can you grab that Maddy?" he asked. "Sure," you replied and answered the phone.

"Who was it?" Dan asked. You smiled, and a tear rolled down your cheek. "The police got them! Both!" you exclaimed. Dan pulled over and embraced you. "We're finally going to be safe!" he cried. "I love you so much," you sobbed. "I love you more Madeline," he replied.