Chapter 66: Guard Dogs

"I have a surprise!" Dan exclaimed as he drove away from the cafe. "What is it?" you asked excitedly. "You'll see," he replied as he winked at you. You giggled and planted a little kiss on his cheek.

Dan parked in front of a pet shop, and you smiled. He chuckled, "Go pick out a puppy, we need a guard dog!" You hugged him before running into the store. Dan followed you. "I want them all!" you exclaimed. "Well, maybe we should get two, just in case it gets lonley when we're gone," he smiled. You jumped up and down with glee. "I've never had a dog before!" you replied cheerfully.

The two of you decided on two little huskies. "What should we name them?" Dan asked as he drove home. "Hmm, how about Dan and Maddy?" you giggled. "Don't you think that'd be a little confusing?" he asked. You shrugged your shoulders. "I guess we can name them that," he decided. You smiled.

"Come here Dan," you said and patted the seat beside you on the couch. "Ok, one sec," Dan replied. You laughed, "Not you silly! The dog!" Dan sat beside you anyways. "Maybe we should call them Dee, and Mads, so it's less confusing," you suggested. Dan gave you a thumbs up and ran over to Dee. He lifted the small pup off the ground and cradled him in his arms. Mads ran up and jumped at his ankles. He crouched down and scooped her up in his other arm. The two dogs squirmed, and he let them go.

"Getting these cuties was the second best decision I've ever made," Dan said. "What was the first?" you asked. "Marrying you!" he replied before pulling you into a kiss. He lifted you off the ground, and carried you into the kitchen. He sat you down on the counter. "Lets make dinner," he suggested. "Alright!" you exclaimed, and he grabbed some vegetables from the fridge. "What are we gonna make?" you asked. "How does tacos sound?" he questioned. "Good!" you said in agreement. He smiled, and finished getting the ingredients out.

The two of you set off the fire alarm three times before they were done, and the dogs barked each time. "These are actually pretty good," Dan said. "Mhm!" you agreed. Mads was sitting beside you, begging for a bite of your taco. You shook your head at her and got up. "I'm gonna get them some dog food," you announced. "Good idea," Dan replied. You quickly got their food out and put it in two bowls. They ate it up in a hurry.