Chapter 49: Unsure

"Daniel Smith, do you take Madeline Anders to be your lawfully wedded wife?" the minister asked. "I do," Dan answered as he stared into your eyes. The preacher looked at you, "Madeline Anders, do you take Daniel Smith to be your husband?" You felt sick, and your head was spinning. "One second," you sobbed before running to the bathroom.

You heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Madeline, are you ok? If you don't want to marry me, I understand," Dan said quietly. You got up and opened the door. You noticed he was crying, and wrapped your arms around him. "I want to get married Dan. I really do. But I know I will only hurt you if I do. Your life will always be in danger as well as mine. They won't stop until they have my head on a silver platter," you sobbed into his chest. "I don't care about any of that. I will protect you no matter what. The priest is getting anxious. Are we gonna go through with this?" he replied sympathetically. You nodded, "Thanks so much Dan, for everything." He gave you a kiss, and then the two of you walked back to the altar. "Proceed," you said.

"Do you Madeline Anders, take Daniel Smith to be your husband?" he asked. "I do," you cried. "You may now kiss the bride." Dan lifted you up and planted his lips on yours. When you pulled away Dan whispered, "I'll always protect you." You leaned your forehead onto his, then put a little kiss on his cheek. "Thank you!" you said to the minister before walking out of the church.