Chapter 90: New Beginnings

You didn't want to change your name. You knew Dan only wanted to keep you safe, but you ha to tell him. "Uh, Dan," you started. "Yeah?" he answered. "I don't really want to change my name," you finished. "It's your choice, but they can track us if we keep our names. I'm just trying to do my best to ensure your safety, but it's entirely your choice," he replied. You nodded, and walked into your room. You wanted to think before you decided.

"Maddy, let's go!" Dan called. You hopped off the bed, and grabbed your suitcases. "I'll do it," you told him. "Do what?" he asked cluelessly. "I'll change my name," you replied. "You do know that we can just change it to Maddy, right?" he answered. "I didn't think of that!" you replied excitedly. Dan smiled at you, and you said "I can't wait for a new beginning. We finally have a chance to live a normal life!" Dan held your hand, as he walked to the car.

As you drove away, you looked back at the house. It would be the last time you saw it, and that made you sad. All of the memories you had in that house, you had to carry around with you. Mads began to bark, and you reached inside the pet carrier to pet her. She quieted down, and then Dee started barking. Finally they both stopped, and the car was silent. You liked it that way, because your head was pounding.

First Dan stopped at the law office, where you got your name changed. Your names were now Maddy Smith, and Dan Smith, instead of Madeline and Daniel Smith. It wasn't a very big change, but it would be enough to throw Kyle and his allies off your trail.

Next you stopped at the airport. You and Dan decided that you wanted to move to London. It was big, which would help if Kyle did find you. Also because you thought London was a very beautiful city. Everything was going as planned, until you spotted her.