Chapter 10: Stepdad

Dan left for work the next morning, and you would miss his company. He hadn't gone to work for a few months so you got used to being with him all the time. 'This is boring,' you thought to yourself. You decided to go for a walk.

As you you noticed your step dad walking down the street towards you. You pulled your hood up and looked down at the ground hoping he wouldn't notice you. You accidentally bumped into him and fell. "Madeline?" he asked before picking you up and shoving you in a car. He said nothing on the drive to the house. "I have to go," you demanded. He pulled you out of the car and onto the ground. He kicked in the rib cage before dragging you up.

"You aren't going anywhere," he said as he threw you into the house. You hit your cheek off of a corner. "Stay here or I will find you and kill you," he ordered. You nodded. When he ran upstairs you bolted out the door. You ran until you made it to Dan's house and locked the door.

"Maddy? are you ok?" Dan asked. "Not really," you said. "What the hell happend to your eye?" he questioned. "Long story, so you might wanna sit down," you replied.

"I went for a walk and saw my stepdad on the street. I accidentally bumped into him and fell. He recognized me and threw me into his car. He took me back to his house and threw me into the wall. I ran out the door an he said he would find an kill me," you explained. "If I would've stayed any longer he could have beat me, or raped me. Dan, we need to call the police."

"I'm on it," he said and dialed 911.

"They're going to the house right now. That bastard will be thrown in jail. I promise," he reassured. "We'll have to go to court, but I think they will be on our side," you added. Dan kissed your bruised cheek. "I'll make sure no one ever hurts you again Madeline. I can't stand seeing you upset," he promised. He pulled you into a hug, and lifted you off the ground. You wrapped your legs around his waist, and he carried you to the kitchen. He sat you down on the counter and got an ice pack out of the freezer. "This should help with the bruising," he said.

"Thank you for dealing with my crap," you. Said to Dan. "Hey, I just don't want to see you get hurt anymore Madeline. I love you and hate to see you like this," he stroked your bruised cheek, and you flinched. "I-I'm so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you," he stumbled. "Dan, it's fine. Really. You didn't realize it was that sensitive. I understand," you reassured. You kissed him.

You also had bruises on your arms, from where he grabbed you. "Did he do that too?" he asked while tracing them with his fingers. You nodded. You lifted the bottom of your shirt up, so he could see where the evil man had kicked you. He gently planted a kiss on the dark purple bruise. "What a fucking dick," he whispered to himself.

You late on the couch with your head on Dan's lap. He stroked your hair. You stared into his gorgeous blue eyes. You focused on his eyes. You soon had fallen asleep.

There was a bang on the door. Dan opened the door, and your stepdad was standing there. "I told you not to leave," he demanded. He then pulled a gun out of his pocket and held it against Dan head. "Come with me now or the boy get it," he growled. "NO," you refused. "Ok," he shrugged and then shot Dan. His body lay lifeless on the floor.

"Madeline! what's wrong?" Dan woke your from your nightmare. You couldn't talk because you were sobbing uncontrollably. He pulled you into a hug. "It's ok baby. It was just a dream. You're fine," he cooed as you cried into his shoulder. "It-it seemed s-so real," you began crying harder. "Shh, it ok love. We can talk about it in the morning. Get some rest. I'm right here," Dan whispered. He held you in his arms as you drifted off to sleep.