D.T.T.K |4|

|Love Yourz|

|Kehlani Carter| Lani 💜

Tonight was my date with Dante and for some reason I was kinda nervous. I've never really gone out with anyone simply because I always loved Chris and after him it was like I never had time because my job was to take care of Isaiah.

After I finished my hair and makeup I looked in the mirror one more time. After taking a deep breath I grabbed my Channel bag and headed downstairs to meet with Isaiah and the girls.

"How do I look? Am I showing to much?" I said in a worried tone.

"You look amazing now shut up." They all said in unison.

"Damn okay then-" Just as I was about to speak again the door bell rang.

"I got it." Isaiah yelled rushing to the door and opening it.

"Aye big man, I heard you was Isaiah." Dante said looking down on Isaiah.

"Yea that's me, but I guess I haven't heard enough about you. Who is you homie?" Isaiah said trying to act like he was Tupac in juice or some shit.

"What is wrong with you, get back inside and go do some homework I'll be back just in time to get you in bed okay?" I said hitting him in the back of his head and stepping outside with Dante.

"Okay fine, have fun but not to much fun, especially you big homie keep ya hands to ya self." He said doing his best to talk like Tupac at that point since I wasn't taking him serious.

"Okay dad." I said laughing and kissing is cheek.

"I won't lay a hand on her big man." Dante said throwing his hands up in defeat.

Dante walked to the passenger side of his white and black 2016 Camero SS then walked to the drivers side and got in the car himself.

"So where are we going?" I asked trying to make small talk.

"Its a surprise girl, so impatient." He said chucking and smiling.

"You right, but can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Yea of course." He said looking at me worriedly then putting his eyes back on the road.

"Why do you smile so much?" I was honestly just admiring his smile. He was a handsome ass man.

"To be extremely honest, I don't smile all that often. Only when I'm with people that make me smile and laugh like my nigga-" he let out little laugh.

"I mean friends, you and ya girls. I'm a happy person, don't get me wrong but I just don't go around flaunting it, I guess you could say." He spoke honestly.

I just stayed silent and looked out the window.

"What about you? How come you barley ever smile?" He asked curiously.

"Since we being honest and everything, I didn't have a very happy childhood. I had to grow up fast as hell. I had problems with my father then when my moms died I was only 16 my dad wasn't in the picture no more so I had to care for Isaiah on my own. It was hard but I always made it through. Ya know? I guess I'm really not all that much of a happy person, I'm just average in a way." I said shrugging.

"Wow I'm sorry." He said with a sad tone.

"Don't be." I spoke