D.T.T.K |3|

|Better Things|

|Kehlani Carter| Lani 💍

It was a very busy Friday here in Philadelphia Grey Hospital. There was a really bad accident on Benjamin Franklin Bridge that landed hundreds of people in the hospital.

I was placed in the pit today doing sutures. And I was currently stitching up a teenage boys leg when I was interrupted by Izria.

"Sooo there's this fine ass anesthesiologist nurse who likes you." She said with the biggest smile plastered on her face.

"So." I said not really caring.

"So? What the hell you mean so?" She said in angry tone.

"Izria I'm not interested, and language." I said in an uneasy tone.

As I was finishing up the stitches on the boys leg Izria went on and on about the nurse who I soon found out was named Dante Collins.

"Okay kiddo you're all set." I said to the boy giving him a genuine smile.

I walked away as Izria kept following me around.

"Don't you have patients you need to attend?" I asked as I look down at the patient charts.

"No my shift is over and big boss man said I can go home." She said happily.

"Then why are you still here?" I said kinda annoyed.

"To remind you to pick up Isaiah in an hour and to please talk to Dante. I really do think ya'll would hit it off." She said in a pleading tone.

"Shit! I still have three patients left in the pit that I need to stitch up can you please go get Isaiah for me."

"Of course I can as long as you talk to Dante and if he asks, go on a date with him too." She said with a bit of an attitude.

"No." I said simply.

"Okay fine but traffic is really bad and I know you don't want to be late to pick up Isaiah from school." She said in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh my god okay I'll do it Izria just please go get him." I said defeated.

"Yay!" She screeched and walked off.

"What a damn day." I mumbled

|Chris Rose| 🌹

For the past couple of weeks I've had my eye on Isaiah and Kehlani. I need to look out for them now that I'm at war with their father.

Their father Tyrese threatened me by hurting them and I can't let that happen.

I hate that son of a bitch more than anyone on the damn planet. Kehlani thinks she knows the whole story but she doesn't. She only knows the parts her mom allowed her to know. So basically she don't know shit other then the fact that he sells drugs.

She doesn't know that her father is a killer, drug kingpin, that killed her mom and tried to kill her and Isaiah. That nigga has no sense of what family is. He doesn't love anyone. That fool the biggest foe you could ever meet. And I despise him.

The night Kehlani found out what I was doing she said that I was just like him. Nothing has ever hurt me or made that pissed before. After she said that to me I wanted to go off but I didn't I kept my cool. It was after she left that I lost my temper. I threw everything of my desk, flipped tables, threw chairs, smashed windows. I did all that could to let out the beast I kept trapped inside.

I'm not anything like that crab. I care about those who are important. I have a sense of whats family and how to love my family. I'm nothing like that guy.

Although I may never make that clear to anyone that was the truth.

But I did confess all of this to one person. My best freind, My brother, Bryson Banks. He found me that night after everything and I told him all of it.

He asked me why I don't let other people see the little good in me I have.

Simple.

When people see good they expect good and I don't want to live up to anyone's expectations.

Besides I play the role of the bad guy better than anyone else. If I have to be the bad guy to keep Kehlani and Isaiah safe than that's what I'll do. If I have to make her hate me just to keep her out of all of this mess then that's what I'll do.

I might be the bad guy that no one sees the good in but I rather keep it that way than letting people see my weaknesses.

In a way I am the good guy, I'm just not going to be the nigga wearing a cape on my back and a halo above my head.

|Kehlani Carter| Lani 🌸

My shift was over and I was so ready to go home and be with Isaiah. I was in the nurses locker room changing back into my regular clothes so I can go back home. As I was walking out somebody walked in a bumped me.

"Oh I'm sorry." He said in a soothing voice.

"No your fine, its okay." I said.

God damn he was fine. Lightskin with a Colgate smile. Lord have mercy on my soul because I was feeling weak.

"I'm Dante." He said with that handsome smile.

"Kehlani." I smiled back and shook his hand.

"Oh I know. Ya girls talk to me about you all the time." He said in a 'duh' tone.

"Ohh yeaa Izria was talking to me about you earlier." I said smiling.

"Good things I hope." He said sheepishly.

"Yea of course." I said laughing a bit.

"How bout I take you out sometime?" He said grinning

"Yea that'd be pretty cool, give me your phone." I said with a smile.

Now I didn't just agree to this date because Izria made me but because, He does seem like a pretty cool guy.

After that we exchanged numbers and he walked me to my car.

I have a good feeling about Dante. Good looks, smart, got a little bit of hood in him but not to much to get me killed, I think I'm going to keep him around for a while.

------------------------------------

I wrote this chapter once already but power went out in my house and damn wattpad didn't save the chapter after the wifi went along with the damn electricity. But anyways like always y'all know what to do. Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow me for new books. I love you guys xoxo
~ Goldenn

What you guys think so far?

Kehlani & Dante?

Or

Kehlani & Chris?

What about her crazy ass daddy Tyrese?