I felt her tiny hands hit my back. "I just said it was cold."

I laughed at her, "I was just asking."

After that, Jamie fell silent but I know she still isn't asleep and I also know she's bored. "Do you want me to run so we could get there fast?" I asked her.

"You can?" Jamie's voice enlightened. "Faster than that cars?" she added, her head following a car that has just passed by.

"I'll race it!" I dared. Jamie clapped her hands and yelled 'yes' so I ran as fast as I could as Jamie chanted. I tried catching up with the car that just passed us by just like what I told Jamie, and that seem to end her boredom.

***

ELSA

I've just noticed that a lot of guests have already looked up for how many consecutive times at the clock that looked like Big Bentley but less big just behind the thrones. I wondered what it was for, except for checking the time.

"Hey, Hans." I said, trying to catch his attention since he was busy taking pictures. He stopped snapping photos and then looked at me with a smile on his face.

"What is it?"

"Why do these people keep on glancing on that clock? Not that I'm being stupid or something." I asked him, keeping my voice down so that no one can hear my ignorance.

"They're waiting for the announcement." Hans answered.

"Announcement? Did you mean The King and Queen of the Night?" I said, unsurely.

"Yes. It wouldn't be long 'till they announce it." He added. Oh, yeah. I tried recalling the poster I read at the school's bulletin board.

"I think I'm excited." I told Hans.

"You should." He replied.

***

JACK

"What do you do in a ball?" Jamie asked me. I arched an eyebrow and then asked her back.

"But I thought you watched a lot of princess movies?"

Jamie shrugged, she wasn't riding on my back anymore. "I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"Are the balls here like the ones in the princess movies?" she looked up at me while she held my hand.

"I guess?" I said as I saw the school's gates just coming close. "I haven't went to any, yet."

"Oh." She said. "I think balls are fun and that you're missing out on a lot."

Jamie reminded me of Hiccup, what he said about me missing out every year.

"But what do you know about balls?" she asked me, once more, her face looking more and more interested in what I have to say.

I suddenly thought of something. If I didn't answer Jamie she might as well ask the same question over and over again.

"Of course, they dance." I answered.

"Is that all they do?" she said, unsatisfied with my answer.

"They have presentations, something like that." I continued, trying to think of something.

"And?"

"And..." I remembered reading the poster about the Winter Dance. Not that I'm interested in reading one of those but I guess I could just read some of it. "Some balls actually have a King and Queen. The King and Queen are always the most outstanding pair of all."