Chapter 21

***21***

ELSA

     I thought Hans was rather weird. I'm not being judgemental but that's just how I see him.

     "Oh," I said, fixing a smile. "Uhm, I should be going."

     I thought Hans wasn't going to say anything, well, he really didn't say anything, actually. Instead, his camera flashed right in front of my face. My eyes began to slightly blur.

     "I run the school newspaper."  He said even though I didn't ask for it. I just nodded awkwardly and speed off.

     Yes. I therefore conclude that Hans is a little weird. Maybe more.

     I hurried down the hallway, searching for my locker. I can see make-out sessions on every side. Pretty normal. I also passed by a couple who aren't making out but still flirting which I really don't mind until I noticed the girl's face.

     "Anna?" I said, slowly walking towards them. Anna looked alarmed when she saw me.

     "What are you doing?" she mouthed me as she tried to cover something. I tried peeking over her shoulder, trying to see who this Eugene was.

     "Elsa." She hissed in a whisper. "You shouldn't be here."

     "Of course I should be here. This is a school." I replied, sarcastically as I try to push her away.

     "Anna, what are you doing?" this guy with flowing dark hair asked in a grin.

     Anna scrunched her nose when the guy turned up. "Who's this pretty lass over here?" he said when he saw me.

     "She's about to go so don't even bother knowing who she is, Eugene." She said as she pushed the guy off.

     "So you're Eugene." I said, faking a smile.

     "Yes, I am Eugene Fitzherbert." He smiled back. For a moment there I thought he was flirting with me. "And you?"

     "I, happen to be her older sister." I answered, firmly, glaring at Anna who was simply avoiding my gaze.

     "Sister," Eugene said as he pointed at me as though he had no idea. "Well, I can see it in the genes."

     I raised an eyebrow, and then glanced at Anna, again. "This?" I said, throwing a point at him. "This is what you're so fond of?"

    "Okay, big sister, should I be happy about that?" Eugene continued grinning.

     "Elsa, please." Anna went in front of me. "You can't be doing this in public."

     "Well that dick should know his limitations." I said, angrily, my voice rising.

     "Elsa – !" Anna pleaded but Eugene continued butting in.

     "What did you just call me?"

     "I called you a dick!" I said. Eugene was about to answer back when the bell rang continuously around the hallway.

     "I'm not done with you, Anna." I said and then walked away. This whole idea about Anna dating someone, who I think, looks like a total playboy just pisses me off.

     Over protective? Well, it's better than tolerating.

     In my next class, there was nothing I could think about. I did not understand a single thing about Mrs. Humphrey's lesson. I didn't even know what it was about. I didn't talk to anyone, and no one talked to me. After the remaining classes, it was time to go home. I went up the school bus and apparently just sat and waited for the bus to stop.