Chapter 23

Hey babe it's me, I just wanted to call to tell you that

I love you so so so so much,

Just wanted to let you know that you are my princess,

You are worthy of all of the love in the world,

You are the love of my life.

- Love Will Remember by Selena Gomez

Mia Lovenburg

I slowly tilted my head to the side of the airplane window, my eyes about to flutter close. Our vacation was filled with fun endearing moments, and of course me being me, I didn't want it to end. But then again, all things come to an end.

"Hey, you promised not to fall asleep on me." Liam nudged me softly with the end of his elbow, as I sighed and sat myself up. I fidgeted while ruffling my hair with my fingers easing out the messy locks. I rubbed my eyes, hoping the weariness would wear off sooner or later.

"Babe, please stay up with me."Liam begged trickling his fingertips up against my arm, a good enough way to let me give in. I slowly detached myself from him, eyeing him closely.

"Most boyfriends would be willing to let the girlfriend sleep because they think it's cute and beautiful."

"Well darling, I'm a special one." Liam laughed, handing over a wink towards me. I giggled softly attacking him with a hug, he chuckled lowly, peppering kisses throughout. My head would softly lay upon his chest, as he would drag locks of hair out of my face and brush it to the side. The bar in between us was digging into my side causing pain, but at the moment, I didn't care.

"I hope Charlie wasn't a hot mess for Niall, yeah?" My nerves would slowly start to kick in, as my fingers would fumble together. Liam sighed, as he pressed his lips up against my forehead.

"We both know Charlie like the back of our hands. I'm sure he was easy to handle. Besides, we called Niall most of the time, and Charlie was alright. Don't worry princess, everything will be fine when we get home." Liam whispered softly into my ear, hoping to not cause a disturbance around us. i smiled reassuringly, my eyes dancing against his, as we stared in thoughtfulness.

* * *

I dropped my bags on the floor sighing, and breathing in the fresh air of my flat. Liam dropped his bag as well, sighing and slinging his arm across my waist as per usual.

"I want to relax more, wow." I laughed, my eyes swirling to different areas, until a knock brought us out of our serenity. Liam quickly unhooked himself from me, quietly stepping towards the front door. My mind was wheeling in thoughts snapping out of it until I heard a high pitched scream of "Daddy!"

In a tormented habit, I quickly willed myself over there, to find Charlie attacking Liam with hugs and kisses on the cheek, squeezing him.

"Come on little bud, show mummy some love as well." Liam would laugh and blow a kiss in my direction. I laughed loudly noticing Niall at the front door, a clear grin imprinted on his lips.Charlie gasped in supplement, running towards my directions attacking my hips, while I slowly lifted him up towards me and on my hip.

"Mum, did you and daddy have fun?" Charlie giggled twirling locks of my hair around his fingers. I sighed kissing him on the cheek, while looking at him through his hazel eyes.

"Well Charlie, daddy and I did have fun, but we wished you could have been there." I huffed bopping him on the nose with my index finger. He giggled some more wiggling around in my grip. I suddenly felt warm arms circle around my waist, still causing that annoying blush to erupt on my cheeks.

"Don't worry mum, Uncle Niall and I had so much fun! He has more action figures than I do!" Charlie laughed looking in Niall's direction. Niall would shake his head, a red crimson color sprouting all throughout his face. He would look down trying to hide his embarrassment. I laughed along shaking my head back and forth.

"I should probably go now, I'll call you later Liam, bye Mia, and see ya later little batman." Niall grinned, shutting the door behind him.  A nice warm feeling fluttered around my stomach at the nickname, as it suited Charlie perfect. Liam smiled at both of us, ruffling Charlie's hair, and pecking me softly on the lips.

"I'm going to go unpack, I'll be quick babe." Liam spoke, rushing to his suitcases and our bedroom. I smiled and walked over to Charlie, as we both sat on the sofa.

"Charlie what did you and Uncle Niall do, when daddy and I were gone?" I curiously asked leaning in closer to hear his high voice belt out the answer.

"Well uh, we played. And Uncle Niall took me to this big place. It had loud music and lots of people. But mummy, everyone was crazy!" Charlie yelped laughing continuously. My face went to a pale color, as I leaned back. No. Niall would never bring a 3 year old to a party, would he? We all know Niall is better than that, he can take care of kid. Niall isn't like that, right?

I'll ask him about it another time, I just wanted to relax and enjoy my time with Charlie, as I haven't seen him in a week. I slowly dragged myself to my bedroom, Charlie following after me like a lost puppy. Liam was found in the closet hanging up his clothes as I bounced on the bed. Charlie struggled, his little arms trying to lift himself up. I giggled picking him up onto the bed. He smiled cuddling into me.

"Oh well look who it is, my two favorite people in the world." Liam smiled jumping on the bed as well next to us. Charlie giggled as he bounced up. He crawled closer to Liam and I as we all lay on the bad, our heads tilted in thought.

"Like one big happy family, right mum, right dad?" Charlie questioned, his voice high pitched. Liam and I nodded as we brought him closer to us.

"Charlie, you're just our little batman." Liam and I both said in unison as our fingers entangled together.

it was short im so sorry guys. So two more chapters and then and epilogue :(

This story has come so far, so thank you all really, you guys mean the absolute world for bringing your support around. I love you all, and maybe check out my other fanfics, I'm not gone forever.

Muahhh I love you guys so much,

-L x