Chapter 19

~Dedicated to Myworld1D777 for being generous and commenting because she's daaaa besssttt~

 Give a little time to me or burn this out,

We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,

All I want is the taste that your lips allow,

My, my, my, my, oh give me love

- Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran (best song to ever exist)

Liam Payne

When you let those three words slip out of your mouth, you mean them. You knew the truth, you knew they were meant to be said, and you knew it was destined. Why was I hesitating? The sudden thoughts of Mia clouded into my brain, causing my eyes to snap shut. My head was buried into my hands, my slow breathing becoming heavy. Love was difficult and let wondering thoughts through your head. What were you supposed to do, if you knew that one person didn't love you back?

A small tap bounced onto my shoulder while my eyes trailed up to see Charlie's presence. His white converse tapped the ground while he walked forward. Indented dimples were in his cheeks small prickles of freckles lining his cheeks and nose. His blond hair was brushed to the side while he jumped onto my lap. I tensed while he played with the stubbles on my chin with his fingers.

"Dada, why you so sad?" My heart jumped, while it made a crack right at the side where Charlie was kept. Nothing was more upsetting then your own son worrying about your emotions. A slow and steady sigh enveloped out of my lips my tired eyes showing enough I was completely done. I rubbed his back while he leaned back into the crook of my shoulder.

"Well buddy, people have emotions. One is called sadness. It's where you feel hurt, where someone made you feel upset. But don't worry baby, you won't be feeling that in awhile." I muttered loud enough for him to hear. A small pout was clearly evident on his lips. Until he perked up sitting up as well.

"Mummy loves you dada." He yelped with a giggle. I raised my eyebrows, leaning in on the confusion in the atmosphere. He was just a three year old......he didn't know what love was. He's more around his mother, than his own father. I was just another parent there to help him. It was his mother that did everything. And that was when everything clicked in place.

Charlie was there staring at his own mum. Who knows what kind of emotions I put her through, but from what Charlie has seen, then she truly does love.....me? My brain was fixing up the torn pieces until my front door whipped open. In walked Niall and Zayn there footsteps pounding against the ground. Charlie whipped his head up and his smile seemed to grow bigger and bigger.

"Uncle Ni and Uncle Zay Zay!" He sqeaked running up to them. Niall let out a pearly white smile, his arms opening wide enough for Charlie. Charlie jumped up into his arms, Zayn letting out a warm smile.

"Hey kiddo" Zayn smiled running his fingers through the blond golden locks of hair. I let out a small smile my thumbs fiddling together. There were too many things to fix, I never even had time to let out a big and real smile. It wore me out, and suddenly I felt the need to sleep and let the painful memories subside. But I figured that it's best to make things right, and not only let myself be happy, but the one who truly kept my heart. Niall and Zayn sat on opposite sides of me brushing soldiers with me.

"You seem a bit down Li. Anything on your mind?" Zayn questioned his eyebrows furrowed while his fingers gripped to the sofa. My brown blurry eyes trailed towards him, while my eyes were started to sting with more and more tears. I started to whimper while I fell into Zayn's arms. I sniffled loudly, while more and more waterfalls of tears slowly cascaded down. What is wrong with me? I just break down into my best mate's arms and cry over something so stupid. But it felt like a relief, it felt like something to wash away the pain and make it hurt even more less.