Prologue

Hi there... Sooooo writing has been my hobby for a while and this is my first ever Wattpad story! To cut all my excitement and babbling short, please please please comments are appreciated <3

Hope you enjoy ;) Love you guys!

*EDIT: I'm working on editing everything slowly *cut me some slack, I really do hate writing the beginnings :9 and I have no editors currently*. The flow, pacing, and all that stuff will definitely get better if you stick to the later chapters. Promise. :)

--> Instrumental Music to add the mood, anyone? ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Del Teira, a land filled with wondrous legends and unbelievable magic.

A world where humans, fairies, and even creatures of myth existed.

A land of peace, half of which we Crescerans ruled.

But that era of peace has ended, and now all there was - war.

The Ark Cross began years ago, much to the devastation of my people and my kingdom of Celtara. The legendary sacred plateau, where once the Goddess' shrine stood with reverence, was now but a plain and cracked stretch of dry brown land. Thousands of dead faerie and human bodies scattered the lands, blood staining the bordering Koulryi River a shade of eerie crimson.

The story started when one human general, Reynard Creyd, grew jealous of the royal family's magical powers despite his vow to protect them with his life. Humans were, in nature, born without any magical skill. We survived against nature's powerful forces through societal organization and mental intellect, the blessing of our Goddess Fëylyn flowing in the sacred Cresceran blood.

With help from a stray warlock he sneaked into the faerie city of Aldeina, seeking for any magical creature that he might take his magic from. He released the Pegasuses within their royal castle, using the chaos as the perfect opportunity to kidnap their crown prince. Unfortunately, one of the Pegasuses died in the mess. These beautiful mythical creatures were soul-bound to their owners, and shortly after the Great Faerie King Revsmond Lörr Ethylia fell down from his throne.

Queen Aora Yvette Ethylia was enraged. No one knows where General Reynard and the faerie Crown Prince Lenn Svende Ethylia disappeared off to, but even so it was too late to stop war when she sent a faerie assassin into the depths of the Cresceran Palace, killing most but not all of the royal family and their royal subjects in engulfing flames of revenge. The two worlds fell into turmoil with the sudden downfall of the faerie King and the death of the royal family. Now there is only war, with no end.

But not all hope is lost, or so people believed. While the fairies lacked a royal heir, the humans still had Princess Rosalinda Anette la Crescera, a 16-year-old girl raised by a random noble-teacher, Eduardo, forgotten and ignored until such the blazing tragedy occurred. Immediately, I was whisked and confined into the Cresceran Palace, bombarded with such 'royal duties'. I hated my family. I did remember them, but all there was were cold moments and hardly anything pleasant about being 'royal' popped up.

In a flash, my carefree world turned upside down. Poor little Rosa of the Reidd family disappeared, and now there is only a broken rose, their only hope and savior. My best friends Daniel Reidd and Richard Staenhyli were taken away from me, their noble status earning them the duties of being a Commander. Daniel, Eduardo's son, had flew to the Western front just as my boyfriend Richard, or as I called him, Rico, defended the Eastern borders - leaving me alone and lonely in this little bubble of a world.

As inexperienced as I was, I am now their ruler, their protector, and their only hope of salvation from magic. My enemies were the Ethylians, the royal faeries - but they were not limited to just a foreign race. With my closest friends gone and replaced by those my parents had trusted, even I grow in fear at the burden I am about to uptake.

This is a story of courage, passion, love and faith as two worlds split the realm of Del Teira.