Marcus 99

I woke to what sounded like a heard of elephants running up my stairs, I was scared outta my mind and didn't know who it was so I rolled off my bed and hid under it. My head started spinning I started coming up with all kinds of crazy things that could be happening, maybe Vic had finally snapped and now he was coming to remove me from the picture permanently or worse he was coming to rape me or something. Well I'll be damn if I didn't go down without a fight. I reached around until I found the bat that I kept under my bed just in case, I heard the door to my room open and my heart started pounding I counted at least three people enter the room .... okay so I was out numbered but I was still willing to fight if I had to, the light turned on and I closed my eyes to pray.

"Marcus?" Khalil said his voice dripping with fear. I slowly rose from under the bed and looked at Khalil, relief washed over his face then anger. "Why haven't you been answering my calls?" Khalil asked limping over to me.

"I'm sorry I must've left my phone downstairs. Khalil what's going on? Why are Lorenzo and Devin dressed like they're about to rob a bank?" I asked looking at the two of them dressed in all black, then I noticed how nicely Khalil was dressed. "What happened I said looking into his eyes.

"Dev.... Enzo can ya'll give us a second, I'll be down in a second." Khalil said looking back at them, they both nodded and walked out the room. Khalil grabbed me with his good arm and pulled me into a kiss. "Marcus I was so worried when you didn't answer the phone. I thought that Vic....... I thought he did something to you." Khalil said kissing me again.

"Okay I'm still not getting an answer to my question Khalil what happened?" I asked looking at him, Khalil limped over to the bed and sat down placing his phone next to him, I knew he wanted me to sit next to him but I resisted because I knew if I did I would be drawn into his spell, hell his cologne already had me ready to...... I shook my head and waited, Khalil gave me a half smirk and sighed.

"I went to talk to Vic earlier....... me and Enzo felt that it was best not to involve you so we didn't say anything. When I talked to Vic he tried to get me to come back to his place but Enzo had the idea that we could get Vic to admit to everything if I let him think I was willing to do anything to get him to drop the charges. Antonio has a cop friend that helped us out, he recorded the conversation and when Vic realized that trapped he left...... I tried to call you and you didn't answer, then Vic sent me a text with one word checkmate and I thought... you weren't answering your phone I got worried and I had to make sure you were okay." Khalil said looking into my eyes. I sat back and processed everything he just said.

"Do you believe that the situation with Vic is over with, I mean checkmate could mean anything...... maybe he's giving up." Even as I said it I truly didn't believe it, Vic my have lost the battle but something was telling me the war was just getting started.

"So you're not mad?" Khalil asked, I looked at him and smiled then walked away. "Marcus..... oh I see you trying play." Khalil catching up to me faster than I thought he would, he turned me round and pushed me against the wall then shoved his tongue in my mouth. Isn't he supposed to be injured? Because he sure wasn't acting like it.

"Khalil.... stop..... your brothers....... are...... down...... stairs." I said weakly as he assaulted my neck with his lips, tongue and teeth.

"I've been thinking...... we should leave soon...... like a week." Khalil said still kissing me. "We can go to my cabin in Colorado again it's far enough away where we won't be bothered but close enough to get back here quickly if we need to." Khalil said looking into my eyes.

"I thought you wanted to waited until they left for college." I asked.

"Cam and Legacy should be back in a few days and honestly they aren't kids anymore. I know that they'll look out for each other and besides they probably can't wait to get rid of me. They know we need this time for us." Khalil said seriously.