Devin 11

Who the fuck did Khalil think he was showing up at my school like shyt was sweet. I should've punched his ass dead in the face, after that day I show up at his game and that bitch made it clear that Khalil had moved on, I decided on that day there was only one person that I considered a brother. I sat in the back of class with my hood on and headphones in I didn't feel like doing shyt today, hell I'd probably cut out after lunch. I noticed everybody getting up and I got up too. Fuck this shyt I couldn't focus today I needed to get the fuck outta here, I started walking to the door when someone put there hand on my shoulder. I looked up ready to punch whoever it was but noticed it was my boy Will. I really didn't have time for his shyt today, but I pulled my headphones out and waited for him to say something stupid.

"Sooooo Dev the whole school is buzzin about your visitor yesterday." Will said smiling, just hearing that made me even more pissed. Now everyone in school would be on my dick just because the nigga showed up here.

"Do it look like I give a fuck about what any of these nigga or bitches think? Besides weren't you the main nigga running around havin everyone think I was lying about being related to that nigga." I said getting pissed.

"I know, I know but Dev come on you gotta understand where I'm coming from I really thought you were lying, but this whole time you were paid." Will said a little too happy.

"You know what Will I'm just going to walk away before I beat your ass again." I said not even about to entertain that nigga. I went to my next class and figured I'd stay one more period and then leave at lunch. I walked into class and the first person I noticed was my girlfriend Staci. I walked up behind her and listened as she told a fantastic story about how Khalil was going to take me and ten of my closest friends shopping in Los Angeles and all this other bullshyt. I cleared my throat and she looked up smiling at me.

"Hey babe." She said tryin to kiss me but I moved out of the way.

"Staci let me talk to you outside real quick." I said getting ready to walk out the room when my teacher walked in and told us to take our seats. I sat down pissed and put my headphones back in and sat down in the back of the class and started texting.

ME - AYY COME GET ME

NICO - AIGHT I'LL BE THERE GIVE ME LIKE TWENTY MINUTES.

ME- COO

I sat back and prayed this class didn't take forever, which naturally it did. As soon as the bell rang I shot outta the room, I needed to get the fuck outta this school before I beat the fuck outta someone. I got all the outside when Staci called after me.

"Baby where are you going?" She asked.

"Staci what the fuck was that shyt you pulled in class?" I asked putting my hands in my pocket to keep from choking this bitch.

"Devin everyone in school was talking about it. I thought it be a good idea to boost our popularity." Staci said smiling.

"Staci I don't give a fuck about popularity. You know better than anybody in this school that honesty and loyalty are the most important things to me. Now you're running around telling lies, trying to get a bunch of fake ass people to be smiling up in my face. Look I'm about to roll out with Nico for the rest of the day." I said just as Nico's Denali pulled up.

"Devin I'm......" I kissed her before she could say some more dumb shyt and told her I'd call her later. I jumped in Nico's truck and he instantly handed me a blunt.

"What's up Dev?" Nico said smiling at me.

"Man I gotta get the fuck outta here. That bitch is getting on my nerves." I said laughing.

"Yeah right you know you love her." Nico said smiling.

"You got some weed?" I asked sitting back in my seat.

"Yeah hold on so....... I heard you had a visitor the other day." Nico said as we sped off. I lit the blunt and thought carefully before speaking there were only four people in the world who knew my feelings for Khalil and Nico was one of them.

"See that's why I can't fuck with that nigga Will anymore he don't know how to keep his mouth shut. But yeah Khalil stopped by the school." I said looking out the window.

"So how you feelin about it Dev?" Nico asked taking the blunt from me.

"Nico you know how I feel. You of all people know how much it hurt me to separated from my brother. I used to cry myself to sleep, praying that Khalil would come and get me and after that shyt that happened at the game I...... I don't know if I can forgive him Nico." I said.

"Dev I've told you time and time again to call him. I didn't trust what that bitch said at the game and I still don't maybe if you talked to Khalil you'd find out the truth." Nico said.

"Fuck Khalil." I said pissed.

"I know you don't mean that shyt Dev. Remember who you're talking too, I know everything. I know you love your adoptive parent but you resent them for taking you away from Khalil and I know you want to talk to him but you're scared and that's understandable. But your going to have to Dev." Nico said as we pulled up to his apartment. We didn't speak until we got inside Nico's apartment and sat down on the couch.

"What are you thinking about?" Nico asked.

"Nothing...." I lied looking away Nico.

"Dev we've never kept secrets or lied to each so let's not start now." Nico said making me face him, I felt the tears start to build in my eyes and tried to turn away but Nico would let me. I pushed Nico off me and stood up.

"I HATE THAT NIGGA NICO! HOW DA FUCK HE JUST GONNA LEAVE LIKE THAT THEN SHOW UP AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. HE DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I CRIED FOR HIM. HE DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH OF A BRAT I WAS TO MY PARENTS BECAUSE TO ME THAT NIGGA WAS MY ONLY FAMILY. HE DON'T KNOW SHYT NICO...... I SWEAR I HATE HIM." I yelled punching the wall. Nico didn't say anything as I vented, that's why I fucked with Nico he was a good listener. Nico got up and pulled me into a hug.

"You don't hate him Dev. You're just hurt." Nico said as he wiped away tears. I looked at his dark brown skin and long dreads that he kept in a ponytail.

"Nico don't...." I said helpless Nico kissed me. "Nico stop. I love my girl as much as she pisses me off I do love her." I said looking away.

"But do you love her more than me? Can you trust her with half the things you trust me with?" Nico asked pulling me close to him.

"Nah but..." I started to say but the silenced me with a kiss.

"So what does your other brother think about Khalil contacting you?" Nico said as we sat back on the couch. Fuck, in all my anger I forgot to call the other person who knew my situation with Khalil inside and out. I pulled out my phone and called his number hoping like hell he picked up.

"Why aren't you in class Devin." My other big brother said, I could tell he was trying to act pissed but I saw through his facade.

"Umm Khalil came to my school the other day." I said quietly and for the longest time he was quiet. "Enzo did you hear me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I heard you Dev what did he say?" Enzo asked.

"I didn't give him a chance to speak. Enzo you didn't tell him I was here in Houston did you?" I asked.

"Devin, Khalil is my best friend, my brother..... but you asked me not to say anything so I didn't. Even though it's fucked up I respected your wished but now I really think ya'll should talk. I kinda met that Roseline chick and I could see what Nico was talking about there's something about her I don't trust. So call Khalil and talk to him Dev...... and tell Nico I'm going to fuck him up for helping you cut school. I'll talk to you later little bro." Enzo said hanging up.

"So what he say." Nico said.

"He's gonna fuck you up for letting me cut school and I should call Khalil." I said opening my wallet and pulling out a piece of paper that I've had for ten years. I prayed like hell that his number was the same. I pressed the first nine numbers and froze like I always did when I got to the last one, I took a deep breath and waited.........

"Hello?" Khalil said uncertainly.

"Khalil....... I'm........ I'm ready to talk."