Devin 73

I woke up the next morning feeling some type of way, after everything that happened with Cam and my parents I just didn't feel like doing anything. There was a party going on tonight in Austin and I really didn't even feeling like going to that, hell the only reason I was going is because I told Antonio I would come. Just thinking about Antonio put a smile on my face and I checked my phone to see if he called or texted me but he didn't but I knew he'd call later, hell he talked damn near everyday. I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen Khalil, Enzo, Cam, and Legacy were all sitting around the table eating I looked at Cam and I was still pissed at him for punching me the other day he nodded his head at me, as soon as I sat down everyone got quiet and started looking at me and I figured Khalil had told them about Antonio.

"What's up why are ya'll staring at me?" I asked scooping some eggs onto my plate. Khalil looked at Enzo and I could see the worry in his eyes.

"Devin are you feeling alright?" Enzo asked.

"Yeah why what's up?" I asked looking at them like they were crazy.

"Dev you been sleep the last couple days, we were worried you were sick or something we tried waking you up but all you did was mumble something, roll over and go back to sleep. If you didn't wake up by noon we were going to throw you in the pool." Legacy said smiling. I really wasn't paying attention I was still tripping on the fact that I slept that long, I pulled my phone out and looked at the date damn I really did sleep for two days, but why hadn't Antonio called me? I got up from the table and went out back to call Antonio, who answered on the first ring.

"What's up stranger?" He asked and I had to adjust my dick, because his sexy southern drawl always got me hard.

"You tell me? What you couldn't call, don't tell me you forgot all about your man?" I asked laughing.

"First if you were my man you'd be laying in bed next to me, second if I remember correctly the last time we talked you said you had some stuff to care of with your family and you'd call me when you were done. I just figured you were still taking care of your family business or fucking with your ex." Antonio said laughing.

"Man why do you have to bring him up, I told you he made it clear he didn't want me when he left for New York." I said laughing it off even though Nico was still a sore spot for me.

"Devin come on we've been friends for almost two months now and I can tell you still love that dude, it's cool I know it takes some time to get over your ex. Hell I haven't been with my ex for almost a year and it's still hard for me to talk about him. But that's enough of all that, so I take it your done with the business you had to take care of?" Antonio asked.

"Yeah I'm free, sorry for missing the party how was it?" I asked as the door opened and Enzo stepped out, he walked over and sat next to me but didn't say anything. "Ayy can I call you back?" I asked looking at Enzo.

"It's not going to be another two days is it." Antonio asked laughing.

"Nah give me a few minutes, I promise I'll call right back." I said hanging up. "What's up Enzo?" I asked looking at him.

"Nothing I was wondering if you wanted to take a ride with me real quick, I haven't had the chance to really talk to you since the playoffs started but now that we're out I got a lot more free time, I just wanna catch up with you little bro." Enzo said nonchalantly. I felt like he wanted to say more but not here.

"Alright let me go shower and get dressed I'll be down when I'm done." I went to my room and called Antonio and told him I'd come see him tomorrow, then I got ready to go with Enzo.

We drove around Khalil's neighborhood and stopped at an empty park not, we got out walked over to the bleachers. I was wondering why he picked here until I noticed he had a duffle bag, he pulled out a basketball and smiled.

"I was wondering why you told me to wear workout clothes." I said grabbing the ball and started dribbling it.

"Yeah I thought it'd be good to talk to you outside the house, so what's been going on with you?" Enzo asked taking the ball from me.

"You mean what happened when I talked to my parents? Well it was hard hearing some of the stuff they said but I'm glad I know the truth now. I just wanna move on what's done is done and I can't dwell on it. But I'm good." I said.

"Alright so is there anything else you wanna talk about you know I'm here for you if you need me." He said and once again I felt like he wanted to say more but was holding back.

"What's up Enzo, I feel like you wanna ask me something else." I said trying to take the ball from him.

"Well...... here's the deal Khalil told me that you've been sneaking off to meet up with some dude in Austin. I just wanna know what's going on with you and dude..... his name is Antonio right? And before you get upset I'm the only one Khalil told about you and dude, even though Cam and Legacy saw ya'll together I just wanna know what's going on with ya'll." Enzo said.

"We're just friends Enzo, he's....... Have you ever met someone that you can talk to about anything and you know they won't judge you? That's how I feel when I'm with Antonio, he's just an all around good person, a breath of fresh air." I said honestly.

"I get where you're coming from Dev.... so how did ya'll meet?" Enzo asked.

"If I tell you, you have to promise not to tell Khalil or anyone for that matter." I said, Enzo promised and I continued. "Alright after that shyt happened with my foster parents and Nico I was so angry I needed to let off some steam, I couldn't get Keith because he had got arrested right after it happened. So I went to Austin to find Iman and beat his ass since I couldn't get to Keith, I know it was stupid but I was so pissed I couldn't think straight I ended up walking around campus for hours until Antonio asked me if I was lost. After that we just started talking and I don't know we just clicked." I said shooting the basketball.

"Do you like him?" Enzo asked.

"He's cool and I enjoy talking to him, and I really like being around him but honestly I'm not sure if I'm completely over Nico yet and Antonio doesn't want to move forward until I'm one hundred percent sure. So right now we're just chillin getting to know each other better." I said.

"That's cool little bro, Khalil said you didn't want Antonio to meet us?" Enzo said.

"It's not like I don't want to, it's just I'm just scared that I'm moving on from Nico too quickly. I just wanna be sure that I'm really feeling Antonio before I start bringing him around. Plus the dudes I bring around don't have the best track record with my brothers, Cam hated Nico and Khalil told him not to come around me anymore and even though me and Will were just fuckin Cam didn't like him either. I don't want them to run Antonio off before I get a chance to see where are relationship could go." I said truthfully.

"That's understandable but if you want my honest opinion I really think you should bring him around and at least let us meet him. What better way for ya'll to move forward in whatever it is that ya'll have than to introduce him to your family..... even if he is just a friend." Enzo said as we walked to his car.

"Can I think about it?" I asked and Enzo put his arm around my shoulder and put me in a headlock pulling me the rest of the way to the car.

"Take all the time you need Devin me and Khalil were thinking about having a barbecue for the fourth of July and Cam's birthday if you are going to bring him that'll be the perfect time. Now it's hot as fuck and I want some ice cream and since you were good I'll even let you get an extra scoop." Enzo said laughing as he let me go, as soon as I was free I pushed him and ran to the car.

We got to the ice cream shop and sat down inside and just talked, that's why I loved Enzo, I could talk to him about anything, we had been here almost an hour and I was ready to go. We walked out and I ran into the last person I expected to see....... Nico.