Khalil 29

Me and Marsean stood across from each other his mouth was bleeding and I had a trickle of blood coming from my nose. We were both breathing hard as fuck but neither one of us were going to back down from the other, but I was getting ahead of myself I should probably start with how we got here........ We had just left Enzo's game and Marsean was running his mouth as usual. We were all sitting around the table a Whataburger and Marsean kept throwing cheap shots at me for no reason. Everything in me wanted to knock his his out but I resisted because he was Marcus's brother. I sat next to Marcus and he sat next to Tonya and Enzo was at the head of the table, Marsean and Enzo kept looking at each other having a silent conversation and it was lowkey pissing me off because I had it feeling it was about me.

"If ya'll got something to say then say it, don't be shy." I said pissed. Everyone at the table got quiet and looked at me but it was Enzo who spoke first.

"Khalil come take a walk with me." Enzo said standing up, I looked at Enzo then back at Marsean as he stared Enzo down obviously pissed. I got up and me and Enzo hopped in his car. "Alright here the truth, Marsean wants me to make a move on Marcus." Enzo said looking at me.

"WHAT?! Why you?" I asked getting more and more pissed.

"Marsean has always known how I felt about Marcus. Well when I was down in Miami he called and told me he wanted to talk to me, I honestly didn't know what he wanted so when I got home and found out he was in San Antonio I told him I'd meet him. He said he didn't want Marcus dating someone like you and he wanted me to be the one to break ya'll up, he knew Marcus use to have a crush on me too so he thought I had the best chance of breaking ya'll up." Enzo said.

"That's it I'm about to be his ass." I said about to open the door but Enzo locked it before I could get out. "Open the door Lorenzo." I said quietly.

"Are you fucking stupid Khalil? You have way more important things to worry about than Marsean right now don't you wanna know how things went with your dad?" Enzo asked me. The fire in my body turned to straight ice at the mention of Kadeem.

"What happened?" I asked even though it was cool outside I started to sweat, was I actually ready for this?

"He want's to see you.... both of ya'll. Khalil I really think Devin needs this, but I think you need it more, ya'll need to meet your brother and sisters." Enzo said.

"So he does have other kids." I asked my heart beating in my throat.

"Yeah I didn't meet the girls so I don't know much about them, but I did meet the boy... Cam. And to be completely honest he seems like a dick so I know for a fact he's your brother." Enzo said laughing.

"I don't know what to do Zo......" I said.

"I invited Cam and his friend up here next weekend so they can come to one of my games and hang out with you and Devin." Enzo said.

"I'm leaving for Paris in a couple days Zo, I won't be here." I said.

"Damn that's right...... well he can still meet Devin, hell his little ass is probably going to be lonely in the big ass house by himself." Enzo said laughing again.

"Yeah that's true..... plus I want you to check on Devin for me, I'm not sure how I feel about him being in my house alone. I mean I trust him but he's young..... he called me earlier asking to use my car to go to school and I just knew he wanted to drive my Maserati but I cut that shyt short." I said looking out the window as Marcus, Tonya, and Marsean walked out.

"Aight they'll be here Friday so after I pick them up from the airport I'll take them to their hotel, then we'll drive to Houston and chill with Devin." Enzo said.

"Thanks for telling me Enzo." I said getting out the car and walking over to Marcus. "You ready to go babe?" I asked.

The next morning Marcus had left for work which meant me and Marsean were in the house alone. I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen and Marsean was in there eating like he lived there. He looked at me as I walked into the kitchen and chuckled lightly. I grabbed a box of rasberries and sat across from him.

"What's your problem with me? I know you told Marcus one thing but I'm not buying it, so let's settle this shyt right now what do you have against me?" I asked.

"You want to know what my problem is? Okay I'll tell Marcus is my only sibling....... and when he told me he was gay I accepted it and we had a long talk, I told him about which types of dudes to stay away from and you are everything I don't want for my little brother." Marsean said eating his cereal.

"And what type of dude is that?" I asked feeling pissed.

"Let's see you are the type of dude that's willing to fuck over your friends to get what you want, you're the type of dude that when shyt gets bad you run away from your problems instead of facing them, and you're the type of dude that will lie and lie and lie just to keep the people he's supposed to care about until he's done with them then you toss them to the side." Marsean said never once looking at me, which was pissing me off.

"What are you talking about?" I asked clenching my fist.

"Okay you want a run down... you started fucking with Marcus knowing your best friend liked him after he asked you to hook him up then you broke up with Marcus because you had your own shyt going on that you couldn't handle, and now your trying to make it seem like you're a changed man but what happens when you get into some shyt you can't handle are you going to break Marcus's heart again...... I promised my dad on his deathbed that I would protect Marcus those were the very last words he said to me 'Protect Marcus... promise me Sean, promise me you'll protect Marcus.' And I'm trying I really am because all I see is you breaking his heart again." Marsean said standing up.

"I love Mar......" Before I could finish speaking Marsean punched me in the face. I fell out the chair and jumped up tackling Marsean into the refrigerator after that we were fighting right there in the kitchen. I'm not going to lie at first glance Marsean didn't seem that tough, but I knew better I remember him knocking plenty of dudes out for picking on Marcus. We were going blow for blow neither backing down from the other, after fifteen minutes we were both standing there tired as hell breathing hard ass fuck.

"What's wrong pussy you tired." Marsean asked breathing hard.

"Fuck you." I said putting my hands back up. Marsean looked at me and smiled as he put his hands up too. I swung as hard as I could but Marsean dipped it and I punched refrigerator. "AHH FUCK!" I yelled grabbing my hand.

"Let me see." Marsean said walking over to me and checking my hand. "Quit bitching it's not broke." Marsean said opening the fridge and handing me a ice pack.

"Thanks." I mumbled placing the ice pack on my hand. Marsean sat back at the table and wiped his mouth.

"Sit down Khalil...... if you love my little brother as much as you say you do then I want you to promise me, promise me right now that you won't hurt him. Promise me you'll protect him." Marsean said looking me in the eyes.

"I can't make that promise Marsean, I can't make that promise because I'm human and I'm prone to make mistakes..... but I can promise I'll try my best." I said staring past his eyes and into his soul.

"Then that's all I can ask. But I'll tell you this right now, if you hurt my brother then next I won't go easy on you." Marsean said smiling.

Later that day me and Marsean were sitting on the couch watching South Park, drinking beer, and laughing when Marcus and Tonya walked in and looked at us confused.

"I must be seeing things you two aren't trying to kill each other." Marcus said.

"Well we talked like men and figured we'd get along for you little bro." Marsean said pushing my arm. After that the days flew by and I found myself sitting in the airport with Marcus on the our way to Paris hoping like hell nothing went wrong while I was gone.......