Chapter 31

-Adam's P.O.V.-

"Ok guys! So I'm gonna try something and see if it works ok?" I ask the crowd.

They all cheer in unison and I laugh.

"Ok, So I'm going to divide you guys into two sections," I say going to the center of the stage and put my hands together, out in front of me,"Right down  here you guys are one group and you guys are another ok?"

Again they cheer.

-Whiskey's P.O.V.-

I'm back stage watching the concert on a screen with Tina who's only here for the first concert of the tour. He looks so different on stage and it's really refreshing. He looks so alive so happy. The entire concert people are screaming and I think, wow, a majority of the people out there wish they were me able to go home to Adam everyday, but they don't realize what I go through, just to so we can hold each other together.

As the first concert on the tour nears the closing, I hear Adam sush the crowd. I look back at the screen and see him sitting down on a stool with James next to him.

"Ok, so this song wasn't on the set list, but I just... I…" Adam says chuckling at his inability to speak for a moment. He looks back up,"I want to dedicate this song to my Whiskey..."

Tina looks at me and smiles,"Wow, someone's on his mind."

I laugh,"Yea, let's just hope he's not singing Through with You."

We both laugh.

He whispers something to James and he nods and starts to play a familiar song. Adam sits their, his head bobbing with the tune. He pulls the microphone close to his lips and I smile as tears start to run down my cheek as he sings:

"You're just a small bump unborn, in four months you're brought to life,

You might be left with my hair, but you'll have your mother's eyes,

I'll hold your body in my hands, be as gentle as I can,

But for now you're scan of my unmade plans,

A small bump in four months you'll open your eyes

I'll hold you tightly, I'll give you nothing but truth,

If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you"

Tina come up from behind me and hugs me, understanding how sensitive I am to this subject, but I don't think she understand how much this song means to me.

"You are my one and only.

You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.

Oh, you are my one and only.

You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.

And you'll be alright.

And you can lie with me,

With your tiny feet

When you're half asleep,

I'll leave you be.

Right in front of me

For a couple weeks

So I can keep you safe."

The whole crowd is silent, not because they don't know the words, but more in awe and respect. Meanwhile I'm back stage slowly turning into a ball of tears.

"Oh, you're just a small bump unknown, you'll grow into your skin.

With a smile like hers and a dimple beneath your chin.

Finger nails the size of a half grain of rice,

And eyelids closed to be soon opened wide

A small bump, in four months you'll open your eyes.

And I'll hold you tightly, I'll give you nothing but truth,

If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you"

Tina goes to get me tissues but by the time she comes back I already recompossed myself, getting ready for the end of the song.

"You are my one and only.

You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.

Oh, you are my one and only.

You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.

And you'll be alright.

And you can lie with me,

With your tiny feet

When you're half asleep,

I'll leave you be.

Right in front of me

For a couple weeks

So I can keep you safe."

Throught the song Adam had been holding back tears but he starts to choke up, and I can see the tears developing in his eyes.

"Cause you are my one and only.

You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.

You are my one and only.

You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.

And you'll be alright"

He pauses for a moment, trying to hold back tears while James keeps strumming.

"Cause you were just a small bump unborn for four months then torn from life.

Maybe you were needed up there but we're still unaware as why."

The song ends and he smoothly transitions into She Will Be Loved.

"That was so... Beaustiful," I say to Tina, who started to tear up a bit.

She looks at me and smile,"I'm glad you're doing better."

I smile and hug her.

****

"Thank you guys so much! You guys were a great audience! Good night!" Adam says and the band bows and walk off stage.

Adam sees me and smiles,"Hey babe."

I wrap my arms around him and kiss him,"Thank you so much. That was beautiful."

I let go and congratulate the rest of the band for a job well done.

Mickey walks over to me,"Hey Whiskey, you know, I don't think Adam would be here right now if it weren't for you, despite every thing that's happened as of late."

I smile,"I know. That's why I stick around."

 He laughs and kisses my cheek before joining the rest of the band.

But Adam breaks away and walks over to me,"Hey, we don't leave until tomorrow morning, do you wanna go to dinner with me?"

I smile,"Sure, I've nothing better to do because my boyfriend's on tour. Did I tell you just how perfect and handsome he is?"

He laughs as we manage to sneak out,"You're gonna have to tell more about him."

It's amazing how such a traumatic event can do one of two things:

Tear you apart

Bring you together.

I'm glad it's the latter of the two, of course I blame myself for miscarrying and Adam is still having trouble with drugs. But judging by how well this night is starting it's only going to get better. Now if we can just find a place to eat...