Chapter 28

-Whiskey's P.O.V.-

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" Tina asks me, as I place her veil, neatly on the top of her head.

"Yes, I'm sure," I say fixing her hair and the veil to make sure it's perfect.

"But it's so soon, I feel like, I don't know, I feel like it's too soon to put him in a situation like this," Tina tells me as she looks at herself in the mirror.

"Tina. Stop worrying, he's not yours to worry about ok. I'll deal with Adam. You just need to worry if the food tastes like shit," I joke.

She laughs,"Ok, I won't worry, but how's he doing?"

I shrug,"He's better than when I found him. Still has nightmares though. I'm working on it, tt's a process. A very long process."

"I bet. I mean after all he's gone through," Tina says checking her makeup.

"Yea, he gets skittish around people sometimes," I say, picking up Tina's bouquet and handing them to her.

"Thanks," She says grabbing them and looking at herself.

"You know, you shouldn't worry either, mommy," Tina says smirking,"It's not good for baby or mommy."

I laugh,"I know. I know. But it's going to be ok. I know it," I say as I help with checking to make sure everything is in place.

"So have you thought of a name for the baby?" Tina asks me.

I nod,"Yea, when I was with Robert I decided I was going to name him Claude."

"Hm, nice,"Tina says twirling in her dress.

"You look beautiful," I say as one of the bridesmaids comes in.

"Tina, it's time!" She says.

Tina looks at me and smiles,"Yay!"

***

I'm to the left alter, as I should be, being the maid of honor and all.

Tina walks down the aisle, so beautiful in her white dress. I look at Jesse and see an enormous smile on his face and both their faces glowing.

I start to cry because my party girl, Tina, is finally getting married, but more because I've had more than one chance of getting married, yet here I am, unmarried and in the church. 

I want this so bad, but I guess I have a habit of wanting things I can't have. 

I actually do envy Tina, I'm more happy for her, but I still envy her.

-Adam's P.O.V.-

I stand, in the lineup, at the front where the best man belongs. This has proven to be harder than I thought, but I'm managing, anything for my best friend. I was look at Whiskey, it saddened me to see how she looks at the couple. I could see how happy she was for them, but underneath all of that, I know she sad and envy them and what they have. She wants that stability and confidence they hve in their relationship, and it kills me not to be able to give that to her. I want to give her the world, but I can barely give her mine.

The whole ceremony seems to go by in a blur. Maybe it's because I had some cocaine before or if I'm just so paranoid. Before I know it, I'm sitting at a table next to Whiskey, and there's music playing.

"Adam, do you want to dance?" Whiskey asks me. A smile paints itself across my face.

"Sure," I say getting up and she leads me to the dance floor. It's a relatively slow song, so she rest her head on my shoulder, her arms wrap around my neck and I hold her in my arms. A tear escapes her eye and it glistens in the strobe light. I know she has unsaid words that she wants to speak, but she holds them in. Oh how I wish I could give her everything she wants, but I don't want to get her hopes up too soon. I'm not going to make anymore promises that I can't keep.